1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have Spooktacular points to use on Obi Wan or AOU Thor? Can't decide on which one. By the way does anyone know if these Spooktacular points expire? Thanks!

Opened obi wan

66898346f8a349ae6546213ed2bf708b.jpg

Liking him a lot. More so when i learned how to futz the robe.

Gonna be fun when vader comes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have Spooktacular points to use on Obi Wan or AOU Thor? Can't decide on which one. By the way does anyone know if these Spooktacular points expire? Thanks!

I'm using mine on Obi though that Thor sure is pretty. Also, the rewards points obtained during Spook never expire.

He used his Jedi powers to tell me how he wants to be posed :p
I honestly haven't seen your pictures, so it was a total fluke that we have the same pose!

Really happy with this figure
Well, you haven't seen my photos because I haven't posted any. :D

I have some shots on my camera that I took when I first set him up, but I wasn't satisfied enough with how they turned out to post any. That and I only have my figures up on some black bookshelves I have in my room, not those nice lighted detolfs you guys all seem to have here. I was a little... reticent to share.

But I totally agree: Great figure with lots and lots of fun to be had in posing/futzing. I love him!

Well, you haven't seen my photos because I haven't posted any. :D

I have some shots on my camera that I took when I first set him up, but I wasn't satisfied enough with how they turned out to post any. That and I only have my figures up on some black bookshelves I have in my room, not those nice lighted detolfs you guys all seem to have here. I was a little... reticent to share.

But I totally agree: Great figure with lots and lots of fun to be had in posing/futzing. I love him!
Sweet. After a few days after I took some pictures I put his hood, I like this look a lot better, give it a try.

Thank you very much. For some reason I thought Spooktacular points would expire once Spooktacular ended.

Just opened mine - here are some first thoughts:

Likeness is beautiful - it looks very Obi-Wan to me, and I feel that the calm but focused expression is perfect.
Boots are awesome!
Hands are beautiful - really capture older hand nicely.
Haven't tried the light-up sabre yet.
Not sure I really like the outer robe - it hangs really nicely, but comes out of the box really wrinkled. Also, the fabric has a sheen to it that just doesn't look right to me.
The inner robe looks better than I was expecting and hangs really nicely, though it is as transparent as others have noted.
Pants seem fine - probably wont see them much anyway ;)
The unlit lightsaber hilt on mine suffers from a bit of a bend at the thin section - I'll probably just try a bit of gentle heat treatment rather than requesting a replacement.
There is a small rub/scuff mark on his forehead, as there was on my Han figure. This must be a packaging issue - and as I am in Australia, there is obviously more opportunity for rub to occur - however, I saw that my figure shipped directly from HK, so maybe this could occur for collectors in the US too?

I am looking forward to comparing him to my old SSC Obi-Wan - I'll let you know what I think when I do (wont be for a while).

Overall however, it's a lovely looking figure, and I am happy to have it :)

IMG_4020.jpg

The shirt looks too bulky around the neck (makes it look a bit out of scale) and again, the fabric seems to have a plasticy sheen that I don't really like.

The shirt looks too bulky around the neck (makes it look a bit out of scale)...

I found on mine it was baggy over the chest, but pulling the shirt down tight made it fine. It stays there as it's trapped by the belt.

The outer robe on mine is way too short - is anyone else's like this?

That does look really short. On mine it touches the top of the stand at the back, and rides over the top of his boots at the front.

22491566135_bd6d0e39d0_o.jpg

Darth_Z said:

... in fact, if I pull the cloak down at the front it rides just above the top of the stand all the way round. The material is quite clingy and stretchy.

It could be that your cloak is caught up on the under robe. :confused:

Mine is the same as yours. try pulling down the robe after futzing.

I found on mine it was baggy over the chest, but pulling the shirt down tight made it fine. It stays there as it's trapped by the belt.

22491566135_bd6d0e39d0_o.jpg

How did you pull the inner shirt down? did you have to take off the the other layers? Yours look great. I want more neck to show as well.

Back