1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was so excited to get this today until UPS posted it was "DELIVERED at my door" and I didnt receive anything! Been at home all day and no doorbell ring or knock on the door.

What sucks is that Alterego comics said that it would ship via USPS Priority Mail and I get UPS shipping. Great....

Was so excited to get this today until UPS posted it was "DELIVERED at my door" and I didnt receive anything! Been at home all day and no doorbell ring or knock on the door.

What sucks is that Alterego comics said that it would ship via USPS Priority Mail and I get UPS shipping. Great....

Your Obi-Wan is now a force ghost. Vanishing into thin air. You got the rarest of the rare figure for him. Congrats.

Those that have said the Guinness likeness is better in hand were dead on. It isnt perfect by any means, but it is clear who it is. The photos arent doing it justice.

I popped the noggin off of old Obi-Wan this morning and started painting him. Im lightening the beard /hair slightly drybrushing it with white. His hair is much too gray for Guiness. His hair tends toward white than silver.

I will go in afterward and add the "ginger" portions. Cant even see it with the gray backing. They colored the beard in the proper sections with a shade of ginger but you cant see it because it is washed out by the gray.

I dont have a great camera but I will post photos of progress.

He looks majestic as f*uck. Very wise and noble.

OWK1.jpg

OWK2.jpg

He looks majestic as f*uck. Very wise and noble.

View attachment 220504

View attachment 220505

Hey, you stole my pose! :D

Seriously, I have my Ben in the exact same pose, myself. I think it looks terrific.

----------

In fact, I happen to think that just about everything with this figure is pretty great. Kenobi is my first ever 'no helmet' character in the 1/6 line and I just love him.

So why DOES he allow himself to be killed at the end of SW?

And wasn't he supposed to become more powerful than you could possibly imagine?:dunno

Hey, you stole my pose! :D
Seriously, I have my Ben in the exact same pose, myself. I think it looks terrific.
He used his Jedi powers to tell me how he wants to be posed :p
I honestly haven't seen your pictures, so it was a total fluke that we have the same pose!

Really happy with this figure

Welp.... I am going to take the plunge on this. Good day to be buying him to.. on Halloween... since this looks like a generic old guy dressed as Kenobi still.

I hope you all are right about the sculpt being better in hand.

Does anyone have a picture of him with the SSC robe on HT Kenobi?

What are your thoughts inner robes on the HT figure? They look very nice, but I don't know how much they resemble the rough look of our old hermits garb.

Not a flattering picture I'll admit.

I'm likely the wrong person to ask about HT Obi's inner robe. I never liked it. Part of the reason I bought the figure was because I realized I had an extra full robe from the Sideshow Obi-Wan. I do not like the material of the HT inner robe -- too sheer, too "creped", not the right feel and not the right color. It is a very odd choice on HTs part. Best to cover it up with the brown cloak.

Don't really have any complaints with the clothing, myself. I always question everyone's sanity when I actually get these figures in hand. :lol Too much worry over things that aren't even that bad.

Not a flattering picture I'll admit.

I'm likely the wrong person to ask about HT Obi's inner robe. I never liked it. Part of the reason I bought the figure was because I realized I had an extra full robe from the Sideshow Obi-Wan. I do not like the material of the HT inner robe -- too sheer, too "creped", not the right feel and not the right color. It is a very odd choice on HTs part. Best to cover it up with the brown cloak.
Pretty much my feelings on it. I'll stick with my plan to buy the cloak and that'll be it for Old Ben. :)

I haven't been as active as I once was, but judging by the threads I've been to it looks like you've been buying these HT SW figures up, including PO'ing the Vader, eh?

Back