1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone figured out how they managed to get the lightsaber light up without cables running out of the end of the hilt onto a battery pack? I have never seen any button battery small enough to fit into the hilt....

Has anyone figured out how they managed to get the lightsaber light up without cables running out of the end of the hilt onto a battery pack? I have never seen any button battery small enough to fit into the hilt....

Perhaps Iron Man technology with light inside the hand and a hole.

Doesn't seem to be the case since in one of the pictures has the lightsaber lighting up on its own. Or the picture could just be a marketing ploy and the iron man gimmick does seem to be the most plausible possibility I've heard so far... Thanks!

I'll be ordering this.

That "force" hand bugs me though. I need to go back and check my DVD of ANH to see if those two fingers are accurate to when he gestures to distract the Stormtroopers near the tractor beam controls.

img_8256.jpg

The UU Luke had a great wireless sabre. The smallest batteries you have ever seen. Pretty bright too. Not cathode bright (which is too much on display anyway IMO), tiny LED in hilt, and it wasn't sized up to fit the electronics either.

Yep, there is someone selling battery powered customer sabres in the Customs section, too. The battery is like a super tiny cylinder, as opposed to button cells. Personally I do prefer wired CCFL since it's easy enough to hide, can be operated by remote, and never need to worry about changing batteries, but I can understand if others find them too bright or distracting.

Nice comparison shot, Sith. Looking really good there.

Back