1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn almost a year until arrival. Looks good can't wait to bash him with SSC Obi Wan. I'm thinking SSC Obi Wan robes and most everything else Hot Toys.

Good price, looking awesome! So glad they tweaked the sculpt - though I never had any doubt they would.

It is a bit troubling though - the two Ht figs that also BADLY need a sculpt tweak, Han and Vader, went up for P.O. as-is. Wonder if a tweak can still happen if it's already up for P.O.?

I thought their Greedo and the Bib Fortuna were all very well done - the latter has one of the best Sideshow non human sculpts, imo

Yeah, totally. I have Greedo as well - awesome figure, I just would've preferred that they made his clothes out of material that more resembled his vinyl-esque track gear, & not the parachute fabric they used.

Bib was a great SSC figure too, yeah. Nice threads, & they nailed Michael Carter's likeness under the makeup. Great character too - albeit hella creepy. :lol

I really liked SSC Greedo, but it didn't look like Greedo from the movie so I sold it and made a custom one. Still not perfect, but it looks a whole lot more like the character than the SSC figure. I guess I must really love Greedo.:lol

Bib was dirt cheap and a surprisingly cool and very posable/expressive figure - repaint his eyes and it actually improves it a lot.

I would be surprised if they ship Han as-is after seeing the new Ben. Would be a shame if it wasn't touched up.

...Wonder if a tweak can still happen if it's already up for P.O.?
Yep, it can. There are probably better examples, but one that stood out to me was the DX10 'clean' T2 Terminator. P.O. pics were atrocious and although what came out wasn't perfect, it was much, much better than the initial prototype.

I'll think I will wait for Photo reviews, don't Hot Toys usually cheap out on clothing?
Not from what I've seen. Only example I can think of where the production clothing was noticeably inferior to the prototype is Luke DX07. Production outfit has a very rough, burlap-type quality whereas the proto was a very nice, refined looking fabric. I can kind of understand since the release was so generous in other areas, they must've felt the need to cut a few corners on the outfit.

Yep, it can. There are probably better examples, but one that stood out to me was the DX10 'clean' T2 Terminator. P.O. pics were atrocious and although what came out wasn't perfect, it was much, much better than the initial prototype.

That's great to hear - because I will be really disappointed if what's in the current Han pics shows up at the door. And that Vader... needs work.

HT have really done a great job with aging the hands. On the Batman Alfred figure they just used the same hands as they used for the Bruce Wayne figure, which were younger looking than they should have been.
$220 isn't too bad a price, seems in line with the other 1/6 figures of the same size HT has put up recently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in no question. Great price on this in my opinion.
Yep, and like galacti mentions, makes the X-Wing Luke price point even more ludicrous. Ben with a coupon (and, if I'm being greedy, double-rewards points) is spot on. Will definitely be ordering but will wait for incentives.

On another note, wonder what's up with the lack of exclusives. So far in the entire line, the only exclusive is a crummy gun rack. Seems there was a time when something like the training remote with Ben would've been a given. They could be saving that for Luke's release, granted, but they do seem to be really stingy with them recently.

Yep, and like galacti mentions, makes the X-Wing Luke price point even more ludicrous. Ben with a coupon (and, if I'm being greedy, double-rewards points) is spot on. Will definitely be ordering but will wait for incentives.

On another note, wonder what's up with the lack of exclusives. So far in the entire line, the only exclusive is a crummy gun rack. Seems there was a time when something like the training remote with Ben would've been a given. They could be saving that for Luke's release, granted, but they do seem to be really stingy with them recently.

I would think Sideshow would strongly request exclusive releases. Makes people ride out their preorders. I ordered Obi today, but will likely cancel and reorder with coupon further down the line.

I'm in at $220. I was surprised to be so impressed by the updates to the sculpt. Now I'll have a perfect Ben to go with my two Lukes and Vader! :)

they do seem to be really stingy with them recently.
The 'Jedi Probe' finger is the exclusive.
902345-obi-wan-kenobi-012.jpg

He looks great with the hood on but not so sure with it off..... I'll have to think about this one.

Han also comes with a Storm Trooper belt and blaster as an exclusive.
But those aren't SSC exclusives. Just exclusives for buying the set (as opposed to one or the other figure à la carte). They come with every Han and Chewie two-pack, regardless of where it's sold.

Back