1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grabbed one of these guys in a trade today and am working on the mods from the Jazz Inc videos (minus electronics), there's a few small mistakes I've made but all things considered the mistakes I made will
be relatively hard to spot and I feel the figure is much better because of them. I also added a magnet inside the head and inside the dome so that I can rotate the helmet to be slightly to the left, right, or centered.

My local hobby store is open Tuesday and they have the last few paints I need and then I'll share some shots.

I also took a few different routes than his tutorial took which I'll share when it's all
Done!

After the hype of this figure wears off, I think many people are going to share your sentiments and ANH Vader will be the more sought after; because it's from the OT.

Regarding making the R1 Vader figure look like ANH Vader using its stock parts, putting the tunic over the armor and moving the belt boxes closer to the buckle are about all you can do.

Today I just picked up R1 Vader off eBay and I am still planning on getting ANH Vader. Really do like the R1 look, that's why I bought him. On the contrary of what you said about "sentiments", that applies to me also. Regardless of which Vader is the best to have in any collection, and people says it's R1 hands down (hype or not), I still want the ANH version too. So I came to the point of making up my mind to get both. AND I will plan on picking up HT's 1/4 scale Vader once it's up for PO. [emoji4]

A fellow collector said to me, "You can not ever get enough of Vader's in your collection. I mean, it's Vader!" Enough said. And he's right. :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly my thoughts. I used to have 4 iron man AND 2 tony starks in the same shelf so 2 vaders should be no problem.

Bring on esb/rotj vader!
20170101_211909.jpg

Today I just picked up R1 Vader off eBay and I am still planning on getting ANH Vader. Really do like the R1 look, that's why I bought him. On the contrary of what you said about "sentiments", that applies to me also. Regardless of which Vader is the best to have in any collection, and people says it's R1 hands down (hype or not), I still want the ANH version too. So I came to the point of making up my mind to get both. AND I will plan on picking up HT's 1/4 scale Vader once it's up for PO. [emoji4]

A fellow collector said to me, "You can not ever get enough of Vader's in your collection. I mean, it's Vader!" Enough said. And he's right. :lol

That's always the most ideal route. Haha.

If you like and want both of them and you have the means to do so, then just get both. Problem solved. :duff

Is there an easy way to swap the light up arm on this figure? I've reposed him a few times over the year, but always have his right arm straight down, and I think since swapping the arm the first week I got him, it's never been plugged into the upper arm section. I've just had it hanging in the slot and straight down without realising it. Tried to bend the arm today and finally realised I haven't had it locked in despite significant efforts in the past and still can't seem to do it.

Is there an easy way to swap the light up arm on this figure? I've reposed him a few times over the year, but always have his right arm straight down, and I think since swapping the arm the first week I got him, it's never been plugged into the upper arm section. I've just had it hanging in the slot and straight down without realising it. Tried to bend the arm today and finally realised I haven't had it locked in despite significant efforts in the past and still can't seem to do it.

Just be careful. I destroyed the shoulder applying too much force (and I'm not Thor Björnsson).

Eh, just have it hanging in there again but moved the shoulder up and bent the forearm a new pose. Can't be bothered anymore. Might try again one day but it feels like somethings going to give before it goes in. I love the figure but there's numerous poor design choices, many of which go unused yet upped the price. Frustrating.

Eh, just have it hanging in there again but moved the shoulder up and bent the forearm a new pose. Can't be bothered anymore. Might try again one day but it feels like somethings going to give before it goes in. I love the figure but there's numerous poor design choices, many of which go unused yet upped the price. Frustrating.
I'm having the same issue with re-attaching the right arm. It's not plugging back in... I've tried many times and no success. I don't want to use too much force without breaking it. I've tried heating up the plug joint with a blow dryer and even adding a little oil to lubricate the joint but still no luck.

Does anyone here have any other tips on plugging back the arm joint...?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I love this Vader, to me it brings back childhood memories. The R1 is a great looking figure as well.....but I'm gonna pass as I'll be waiting for the esb/rotj version from HT.

Have you tried to swap out the elbow joint from one arm to the other? Even just unscrewing the part that attaches to the bicep ? From experience it should be a case of unscrewing , remove connector; replace with new connector and screw back in.

I personally love the ANH version and having the voice activated feature as well as the light up feature is an added bonus!!!!
0fbef40dbf72d58473bb8262da1f0c66.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this latest batch of Vaders has had it's voice chip corrected so it doesn't time out like the first wave? Thanks

Back