1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rouge One / A New Hope Comparison

Bought the Rogue One version in Hong Kong
IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2109.jpg

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

I really like this Rogue One look of Vader but I want an ANH Vader in my collection. Would it work if I change the look on R1 to make him look like ANH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like this Rogue One look of Vader but I want an ANH Vader in my collection. Would it work if I change the look on R1 to make him look like ANH?

Sure, why not? I mean, he's your Vader. The look of Rogue One has grown on me, space DIAPER and all. But if you do want the V.1 cod piece, should be easy to score...

Sure, why not? I mean, he's your Vader. The look of Rogue One has grown on me, space DIAPER and all. But if you do want the V.1 cod piece, should be easy to score...

Sure, just put the robes over the armor and for the most part you've got yourself ANH Vader.

Great news to hear. Thanks guys! I just really liked what HT did with Rogue One Vader. The gloves, the body suit, boots and some parts just look so much better than the ANH one.

I think shoulder armor and cod piece would be all you really have to do. Maybe add unpleated tunic as well and call it a day.

Yeah I realize that there's some parts needing to be replaced. I'm really debating with myself on this. Ugh. I am like, it doesn't matter which Vader you buy buy- seems that there's always some parts to be replaced or fixed.

Maybe I will end up buying both! Lol

RO inhand and i barely even notice it. lost amongst all the details i guess so doesnt stand out at all to me.

After the hype of this figure wears off, I think many people are going to share your sentiments and ANH Vader will be the more sought after; because it's from the OT.

Regarding making the R1 Vader figure look like ANH Vader using its stock parts, putting the tunic over the armor and moving the belt boxes closer to the buckle are about all you can do.

Does this figure come in a shipper box? I bought mine without one from SS Toystore (a Chinese-owned Philippine-based store) that ensures their Hot Toys are always sealed. Which means I bought a 2nd-hand item?

Does this figure come in a shipper box? I bought mine without one from SS Toystore (a Chinese-owned Philippine-based store) that ensures their Hot Toys are always sealed. Which means I bought a 2nd-hand item?

No, it just means that you didn't get yours in a shipper box.

All HT figures have shipper boxes, but just because it current have a super box doesn't mean it's not mint in sealed box. All the figures I've gotten from Hong Kong didn't have a shipper box but were brand new.

Back