1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, end of Episode III, his inner tunic was under the shoulder armor. Since Rogue One is taken place between episode III and IV, it can be either way.

View attachment 292145
Except one is 18 years before ANH and the other reportedly just minutes before ANH. It doesn't take much imagination to figure out why it is making people scratch their heads.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

I hope Vader pulls his tunic robes way up like in Empire just to mess with fans.

c5c8c2a93561c79f116cddfb667693b9.jpg

So the greatest menace of the Empire doesn't like sand and doesn't like to get wet.

Actually if you save the picture and zoom in on it the robes are over his armor and he has the proper gloves. I always wondered why they gave vader the Empire gloves in Episode 3 and how he had his neck armor put on since when the show the helmet being lowered it was not originally on him. I just hope the armor and suit don't look brand new in the movie since it is so close to the original Star Wars movie. I like the warrior that has been around for awhile to strike fear into his enemies aspect of Vader. Either way I am excited to see Vader on the big screen again. Hope the movie is good

I was wondering if I was just seeing things, since everybody was talking about that figure having the robes under the armor, while it looks to me like he has it over.

yep your not seeing thongs the robes are over the armor. He has the Anew hope look right there on the figure at least. I haven't seen anything for vader from the front yet to see how he is in the movie though. Everything has been showing his helmet from the back

Actually if you save the picture and zoom in on it the robes are over his armor and he has the proper gloves. I always wondered why they gave vader the Empire gloves in Episode 3 and how he had his neck armor put on since when the show the helmet being lowered it was not originally on him. I just hope the armor and suit don't look brand new in the movie since it is so close to the original Star Wars movie. I like the warrior that has been around for awhile to strike fear into his enemies aspect of Vader. Either way I am excited to see Vader on the big screen again. Hope the movie is good

Good lord, how did I miss that?

Well that's reassuring.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

The armor and helmet (despite helmet having widow's peak and small chin triangle) looks pretty ESB to me in terms of sheen and paint treatment, not ANH.

Not sure if this is based on a photo from the movie or just an artist's Vader impression though. These are licensed wall posters, not actual promotional posters for the movie from Disney.

20r0hm8.png

These pretty much show that the robes could go either way, both over and under the armor. Its possible that it could indeed change in the movie. And if these promo art images are accurate then like you guys said it also shows that it'll be shinier than how we see him in A New Hope. Guess we can't say for sure at the moment though. I just know that I hope we get another Vader figure that's cheaper than the current ANH version. I do still like how it looks though and might go for it at some point.

I have this Vader coming to me this week and I can't wait to get him set up. Empire is my favorite movie but I love how worn out and how menacing Vader was in star wars

His ANH look is my favorite Vader look as well. That's why I'll be sticking with this as my one and only Vader figure.

I just got this figure in today from a fellow board member and he is awesome. I can't wait to get him proper displayed over the weekend. Love the detailing on Vader's helmet and I really like his cape too. Haven't messed with him much but I am really happy to have classic Vader in the hot toys line. Look forward to the Empire version down the road but have no interest in a rogue one version since this one is a beast.

IMG_1553.jpgIMG_1554.jpg

Really liking this Vader. Haven't gotten him completely set up but I think he is awesome overall. Not really digging the glove but that can be fixed. He has a great commanding presence.

Thanks I really like this Vader. I have the Sideshow ANH Vader and The Deluxe but this one is my favorite so far. All of them have a lot to offer but I like how this one has the man in a mask feel. I know he is not "perfect" but I will have a lot of fun posing him. Definetly in my top 3 figures.

Yeah, he's definitely really cool. I have mine currently posed in the "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan" pose with his saber.

Back