1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that looks amazing!
But man just the helmet on eBay is $150 [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since i took those pictures, I added the hot toys codpiece which does a great job of hiding the area where his outfit bunches up. If you look at ebay's completed auctions a few of the helmets have gone for $90-100 in the last couple weeks. I personally think it is worth it for that price as the figure looks just about as impressive as the hot toys version with the new helmet. In fact, I think it looks better than an unfutzed out-of-the-box HT Vader due to the proportions looking nicer.

Since i took those pictures, I added the hot toys codpiece which does a great job of hiding the area where his outfit bunches up. If you look at ebay's completed auctions a few of the helmets have gone for $90-100 in the last couple weeks. I personally think it is worth it for that price as the figure looks just about as impressive as the hot toys version with the new helmet. In fact, I think it looks better than an unfutzed out-of-the-box HT Vader due to the proportions looking nicer.

Could I see a pic of the "final product" and also explain about how to replace the head peg?

I do really like the Hot Toys head sculpt and would prefer that over the Sideshow version. But I'm not sure I want to invest $100 plus into doing that. I am pretty happy with the SS version overall. Also I'm 100 % buying a 1/4 HT Vader once this is announced.

Thank you

dd0a96409459ccdf1a5c031fe8fd7b58.jpg

7460aa43f0aa11d37307c79c5b1d345e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all! Quick question , does the HT Vader helmet fit on the SS ANH Vader Pro body with and mods? Also thinking of getting the HT cape and tunic to go with it as well , still trying to decide on that or just continuing to use the Infirigno set I'm currently using. Thanks

This just arrived today. The first thing I noticed, was that in person, the helmet looks very speckled. Like it's got freckles. Is it supposed to be like this?

First impressions is ya HT does a better job than SS. I own both now and the SS Vader is stellar indeed but this HT vader makes me rethink my life.

My figure only came weathered here on the mask but I imagine this is correct right?
ee8abe2fa0e56119fdf36f80406ec73d.jpg

Thanks guys, didn't think a spotted helmet was normal at all.

Hope I can get a replacement, although in the past, Popcultcha Australia refused to even replace a pair of slippers with a huge white patch on the front of the design without making me pay for return shipping, because to them, it wasn't a defect because it was still "functional". :slap

NVM figured out the base thing.

but his left leg is def a little longer than the right, si this normal?

Last edited:
Back