1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NVM figured out the base thing.

but his left leg is def a little longer than the right, si this normal?

I haven't noticed it on my Vader figure, but I have noticed on some other figures of mine that one leg seems to be slightly longer than the other. My TWS Winter Soldier, for instance.

Thanks guys, didn't think a spotted helmet was normal at all.

Hope I can get a replacement, although in the past, Popcultcha Australia refused to even replace a pair of slippers with a huge white patch on the front of the design without making me pay for return shipping, because to them, it wasn't a defect because it was still "functional". :slap

Play your cards right, and maybe you get a free replacement head. That way, you can experiment with the 'lens mod.' Cracking the dome the first time was scary. Second, notsomuch

How did you get the silver "nose" to look so good. I sanded mine a bit, but it still has the flat upside-down "U" shape.

d72111b18615bc714e5f69d3013793a0.jpg

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

This is excellent work guys. Thanks for the pics. Can someone explain the nose mod to me? I don't understand what's off....maybe I shouldn't ask? If I can't see it then I won't care to fix it, but I am interested.

How did you get the silver "nose" to look so good. I sanded mine a bit, but it still has the flat upside-down "U" shape.

d72111b18615bc714e5f69d3013793a0.jpg

After i cut the nose plug back i used some modeling clay inside around the edges to give it more of a curved effect...i used the bottom of a small paint brush handle as a tool for smoothing it and then painted it up..

After i cut the nose plug back i used some modeling clay inside around the edges to give it more of a curved effect...i used the bottom of a small paint brush handle as a tool for smoothing it and then painted it up..

Awesome! Thanks man [emoji106]

This is excellent work guys. Thanks for the pics. Can someone explain the nose mod to me? I don't understand what's off....maybe I shouldn't ask? If I can't see it then I won't care to fix it, but I am interested.
HT used a nose plug which is inaccurate and was one of the real nitpicks i had with the stock figure...stock on the right,modded on the left View attachment 281820

Cheers for comments guys
I wish that HT 1/4 scale Vader from ROTS was going be a new hope Vader or empire strike back that would be brilliant

Cheers for comments guys
I wish that HT 1/4 scale Vader from ROTS was going be a new hope Vader or empire strike back that would be brilliant

I really hope they make a 1/6 ESB Vader. I would love to have the contrast between the ANH & ESB Vader in my collection.

Yeah the more vaders the better..1/4 scale OT would be a grail piece for me. And i can't wait to see how he looks in rogue one...whispers have it they've gone back to the original casts from ANH...BLISS..

Back