1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds about right...maybe a hot toys one?.....can't remember, I think he changed them towards the end..maybe not though. I don't think he's made them in a long time.

Sounds about right...maybe a hot toys one?.....can't remember, I think he changed them towards the end..maybe not though. I don't think he's made them in a long time.

Yeah, I was just curious. Wasn't a fan of the base body from years ago. Too lean....but overall, really nice! I sent Mrs H a PM couple days ago, to see if he was gonna do a full ANH helmet that matches with the HT body. haven't heard from them, but not too worries.

Does anyone know why SS has taken full payment from me yet it's just been saying processing for like 2 weeks?

They are waiting for more to come in I believe, shows same on mine..

They can actually get audited for this.

I bought a SSC 3PO a few weeks ago and they deducted the full payment, but didn't ship him out until the next week after calling and inquiring what was going on. For any business, if you deduct a final or full payment on an item, the item has to be shipped out immediately. On the UPS label, I noticed that SSC got sneaky and covered their arse on that by listing the invoice date as the same as the shipping date. The actual invoice date was a week earlier as I mentioned being that's when they actually deducted the funds, but waited a week to ship.

That's fair, since I stole it too, LOL. I love the pose......screams ANH vader

Vader Al: What body does Hurricane use these days? I want to say the one I had years ago was a modified Dragon, but I could be mis-remembering

I keep reading positive things about this Hurricane person. Forgive my ignorance as I am relatively new to this forum. Could someone tell me who he is and where I can admire his work?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Can someone explain to me why the right bolt on vaders helm is perfectly okay and de left is damaged/almost completly black? I recently bought the figure and I love it, but this helmet thing is annoying the cr*p out of me and my OCD is killing me! Perhaps if someone can explain to me why this is, I can find some peace with it! :lol

Attachments

• Vader.JPG
    Vader.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 231
Can someone explain to me why the right bolt on vaders helm is perfectly okay and de left is damaged/almost completly black? I recently bought the figure and I love it, but this helmet thing is annoying the cr*p out of me and my OCD is killing me! Perhaps if someone can explain to me why this is, I can find some peace with it! :lol

Because that is movie-accurate.

It is supposed to be that way, just watch the movie again. The mask is asymmetrical, the dome is asymmetrical, even the color of the tusks is asymmetrical. It was conceived that way and I think it's just awesome the way it is.

Thanks for the explanation!

I never ever noticed this before. At first I thought that the Hot Toys paint department had forgotten a piece! :lol

Darth%20Vader.jpg

I bought a SSC 3PO a few weeks ago and they deducted the full payment, but didn't ship him out until the next week after calling and inquiring what was going on. For any business, if you deduct a final or full payment on an item, the item has to be shipped out immediately. On the UPS label, I noticed that SSC got sneaky and covered their arse on that by listing the invoice date as the same as the shipping date. The actual invoice date was a week earlier as I mentioned being that's when they actually deducted the funds, but waited a week to ship.

That's what I thought! I am pretty pissed about it tbh. Kylo Ren they shipped within hours of taking the payment. Darth Vader they took the money and just left my order pending.

I have tried contacting them but with no response as of yet!

Pretty poor IMO.

I keep reading positive things about this Hurricane person. Forgive my ignorance as I am relatively new to this forum. Could someone tell me who he is and where I can admire his work?

Go to the customs area and type in 'Hurricane'

name is Glenn I believe, and he does all the Vader customs - he's in the UK.

I have worked for at least four different companies that would take full payment for special orders and preorders. Those items usually don't arrive for customers to pick up until two or three weeks later. This forum is the only place I've heard of this audit policy (yours being only the second post I've seen like it). In my industry, a customer prepays for a special order item in order to show the commitment that they will come back for the item, rather than ordering all over town and giving their business to whoever gets it in stock first. Maybe Sideshow adheres to different rules, being internet commerce.

Sent from the bat cave

Thanks for the explanation!

I never ever noticed this before. At first I thought that the Hot Toys paint department had forgotten a piece! :lol

I wonder how many complaints HT and Sideshow get for little details like this that appear to be mess ups. :lol

I take it for granted that this isn't common knowledge about Vader. After being on the boards for almost ten years you pick up on those little things.

Although, I have to admit, I had no clue that little circle on the Sandtroopers orange pauldron is screen accurate until yesterday. I would have been asking for a replacement. :lol

Just got this guy heavily discounted from ThinkGeek.

He's listed at $299.99. Since it's the year of the monkey ThinkGeek has a % discount on all items.

Here's breakdown

$299.99
- $90.00. (Use code hongbao)
- $7.49. (used Ebates 2.5% off)
+6.95 shipping
$209.45 (approx total)

Back