1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. That sucks!

I paid with Paypal as well. I hope they don't cancel my order!

Yeah, it really sucks, very bummed. I think you would have heard by now Lu, but I hope not.

They said they expect to have more in 6-9 weeks, even if that's true I asked about the discount I was going to get. The lady I spoke with just said "we'll probably have another sale later on." :mad:

Man, I'm sorry to hear that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about that. :duff I'm still waiting for Sideshow to get more Vaders.

I'll probably pick it up from BBTS myself, which is what I was going to do originally anyway. Buying direct from SS is cost prohibitive being from California, what with tax and shipping.

Always risky to deal with online sites, especially newer ones that aren't well-known around these parts. A lot of the time it's a marketing gimmick that they allot 2-3 pieces for but end up getting a lot more people signing up all their information. Really old trick. Good for the first few people that spread the one for them.

I have worked for at least four different companies that would take full payment for special orders and preorders. Those items usually don't arrive for customers to pick up until two or three weeks later. This forum is the only place I've heard of this audit policy (yours being only the second post I've seen like it). In my industry, a customer prepays for a special order item in order to show the commitment that they will come back for the item, rather than ordering all over town and giving their business to whoever gets it in stock first. Maybe Sideshow adheres to different rules, being internet commerce.

Sent from the bat cave

A large company like Sideshow would definitely get audited at least once a year!

Canceled my order with SS and ordered from BBTS. I paid BBTS on 2/7 but it hasn't shipped yet.

This is my Vader with the dome lowered ( on the right )
you can't hardly tell to be honest
image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

Is freakin SS ever going to get this in..still says preorder :gah:

This is as late as BR, even Kylo is already out before Vader

Looks excellent, James the Cat. That second photo he definitely looks a bit more menacing and less surprised. I've been considering doing some mods, but just not sure I have the balls. The chest piece mod really makes a difference so maybe I'll start with that one.

Back