1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this guy heavily discounted from ThinkGeek.

He's listed at $299.99. Since it's the year of the monkey ThinkGeek has a % discount on all items.

Here's breakdown

$299.99
- $90.00. (Use code hongbao)
- $7.49. (used Ebates 2.5% off)
+6.95 shipping
$209.45 (approx total)

Thanks! I told myself I was going to wait for the ESB version, but this deal was too fantastic to pass up!

Yes, I couldn't pass that discount up either!! Thanks for that code!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got this guy heavily discounted from ThinkGeek.

He's listed at $299.99. Since it's the year of the monkey ThinkGeek has a % discount on all items.

Here's breakdown

$299.99
- $90.00. (Use code hongbao)
- $7.49. (used Ebates 2.5% off)
+6.95 shipping
$209.45 (approx total)

Thanks so much for posting this Shawpaw!! I just ordered this guy for a fantastic price thanks to this promo. $216.94 shipped!!

I also picked up C-3PO with this code as well.

The promotion is on until the 11th if anyone else is interested.

Wow! That was quick! And to think that I deliberated for like 20 minutes before I pulled the trigger! It was mostly, "my wife is gonna kill me if I order this!"

I made no hesitation. I think my wife will understand, my 5 and 3 year olds on the other hand...

I love tha ANH Vader, the later new were too shiny and corporate for my taste.

Same here. The ANH Vader look is my favorite. I prefer the tunic over the shoulder armor and I like the weathered, duller finish of the armor as opposed to the shoulder armor over the tunic and the glossy, shiny finish like in ESB and RotJ.

Wow that is some deal from Thinkgeek..damn missed it :gah:

Meanwhile SSC still says Preorder :slap

I ordered my Vader from here. It's about $300 usd. Mind you I live in Canada. I'm not sure how much it would cost you in shipping or taxes ordering from the US.

Darth Vader Hot Toys - Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope Action Figure Movie Masterpiece Series at Toysonfire.com

edit: I had trouble finding one for retail price in Canada. But I guess Bigbadtoystore has it in stock as well.

:gah: Why didnt I check this thread earlier?! Anyone ever been able to move reward points and nrd to another figure? I wanna go ahead and pull the trigger on this from BBTS and put the other money towards Kylo. Guess I could just sell the one from SS if it ever ships...

:gah: Why didnt I check this thread earlier?! Anyone ever been able to move reward points and nrd to another figure? I wanna go ahead and pull the trigger on this from BBTS and put the other money towards Kylo. Guess I could just sell the one from SS if it ever ships...

Same here, used points for Vader on SS's site then noticed it was in-stock at a lot of other places. Fighting the urge to grab one from BBTS and sell the one from SS. But I have 3 coming tomorrow so I think that will keep my more patience once they arrive.

Last edited:
Well, I'm pretty upset with think geek right now. I received an e-mail from them telling me that my order for Vader was canceled due to an issue with PayPal. I just called them and basically was told that they're sorry but I'm out of luck. This blows, everything shows that the payment went through fine on PayPal's side. Guess whoever ordered after me turned out to be the luckier person today. Guess I'll have to pay full price on this guy after all. :(

Well, I'm pretty upset with think geek right now. I received an e-mail from them telling me that my order for Vader was canceled due to an issue with PayPal. I just called them and basically was told that they're sorry but I'm out of luck. This blows, everything shows that the payment went through fine on PayPal's side. Guess whoever ordered after me turned out to be the luckier person today. Guess I'll have to pay full price on this guy after all. :(

Sorry to hear that. That sucks!

I paid with Paypal as well. I hope they don't cancel my order!

Back