1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my Vader is off for return, very disappointed with the belt, can't believe SS is going to pay for me to return the whole figure instead of just sending me $1.00 leather belt. Now I will be waiting at least 2-3 weeks for him to be processed for a return, and another 2-3 weeks for a new one to be processed and shipped. Oh well.

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9823.jpg
This is the first time I've seen an up close picture of the (now infamous) HT Vader 'problems ahoy' belt - did the figure arrive in the box like this? Because he's arriving at my door in a couple of days & I'm now thinking twice about putting the batteries in the boxes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

This is the first time I've seen an up close picture of the (now infamous) HT Vader 'problems ahoy' belt - did the figure arrive in the box like this? Because he's arriving at my door in a couple of days & I'm now thinking twice about putting the batteries in the boxes.

I should get mine on Monday. And I'm in the same boat. I don't even think I'll bother with anything other than the lightsaber. Too risky from what I keep reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imperius, apparently the plastic clasp that secures the belt to the buckle was glued to the buckle so the belt could not be undone. Unfortunately the belt and outfit need to be removed in order to put in the batteries. Make sure to use the included tweezers. I hope you have no problem with yours.

Nice shots Paramoremcr88!

My first belt broke just like that. SSC ignored all requests of mine....so naturally I cancelled all outstanding orders w them. BBTS is a much more up-and-up organization these days

Whenever my Vader comes in the next few weeks, I think I'll just leave him alone. I never planned on using the electronics but I did want to move the belt boxes closer. But with all the horror stories I've read here about the belt...I probably won't even bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first belt broke just like that. SSC ignored all requests of mine....so naturally I cancelled all outstanding orders w them. BBTS is a much more up-and-up organization these days

How would BBTS handle something like this? Would they simply offer a full refund or exchange? This faulty belt was discovered a minute into inspection, I showed SS my UPS confirmation and the time stamp on my email so they knew I had the figure for only a few minutes before this happened. They also wanted me to re-glue the belt??!! The belt needs to be unfastened to put in the batteries, not just once but many times over in the figure's future. This belt is totally compromised. When I wrote back stating I simply wanted a replacement belt w/out boxes, they sent me a return slip and never responded to me either. After my future orders: Leia, R5-D4, and Jawas go through, and I spend my 6k reward points I doubt I will shop at SideShow again. SS' quality and customer service has been in the decline for several years now. Sure miss DUSTY. She was the best.

It’s been my experience that SS doesn’t handle Hot Toys replacements and exchanges as well as their own, most likely because they are just the HT middleman. They seem to have problems getting replacement parts for HT figures. And if there are flaws on the figure (like sloppy paint, bad seams on the clothing, etc.) and you want an exchange, they will tell you that they’re all like that. Usually when it’s their own figure, they’re okay with replacement parts and exchanges but still make you feel like they’re doing you a big favor.

Don't know if this was addressed or not, I haven't gone through the whole thread. What's the consensus regarding the suit? Is it real leather? Does it look like it can deteriorate over time like the medico one?

It's a shame really. SSC used to be amazing with this kind of thing. Upsets me to read about how many people experience problems like this nowadays.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Imperius, apparently the plastic clasp that secures the belt to the buckle was glued to the buckle so the belt could not be undone. Unfortunately the belt and outfit need to be removed in order to put in the batteries. Make sure to use the included tweezers. I hope you have no problem with yours.

Nice shots Paramoremcr88!

Exactly. Thats glue on the belt causing the belt to break. That being said, my belt is clean and I have removed it more that 10 times with no issues.
Just make sure you are unclasping the correct side and gently pull up with your finger tip. Also, check the belt for glue the first time you take it off.

Don't know if this was addressed or not, I haven't gone through the whole thread. What's the consensus regarding the suit? Is it real leather? Does it look like it can deteriorate over time like the medico one?

I asked the same question earlier. The thought is that it will not deteriorate like the ****** Medicom one but will crease if left in a position for a long time.

I'm sure I missed it somewhere in the previous pages but can someone who still has this on order with flex can you please tell me what date your final payment is now scheduled for. Just wondering when this is expected in now. Last time I talked to SSC they told me beginning of January and I don't see that happening with two days left for that time frame. Thanks

Not sure if anyone has tried to contact SideShow through their US number which is supposedly 855-SIDESHOW? There seems to be one too many numbers.

Back