1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some paint testing on a reject SS armor I had saved. I sprayed black and then the duplicolor gunmetal over(didn't try to line it up perfectly). I tested some different levels of scuffing(it's very glossy and smooth out of the can) using a wool pad and brushing on some black, then rubbing off. The color is darker under natural light and closer to the right side color. Still a touch too bright and might try to find a different shade. It doesn't look too bad in hand(now I know what HT feels like :lol )
jgIEGQP.jpg

Edit: Slightly more accurate picture. Right side was just the original with some scuffs where I was testing

KvDnMeI.jpg

Is this correct? Is there a code or something? I may pick up X-Wing Luke if I can get free shipping and use the $25 FETT coupon.

Apparently it is only for SELECT items, mainly their clothing line. Expires 3/3/2016 :(

Just been notified that my figure has shipped from Popcultcha, should be getting it Monday! Also just bought a Medicom stand from Ebay for the droid, cant wait to get it and post some photos. First HT figure! 'There has been an awakening..have you felt it?"

Unfortunately this figure is a big miss for me. The velcro on the back of the belts is what prevents the boxes from moving closer to the buckle. Simply shorten the velcro to slide the boxes closer. SideShow willing to give a $20 discount on other purchases instead of replacing a $1.00 leather strip is ridiculous. I can either return the product for a full refund or return the product, re-order, and wait 5 weeks for processing and shipping, in the end SideShow still loses more than simply replacing the belt. After my current orders are filled I'm done with SideBlow.
Maybe they are out of belts. They shipped a new belt to me yesterday...

Maybe they are out of belts. They shipped a new belt to me yesterday...

Did you write to them? Call them? send them pictures? Did you see my pictures? Was yours ripped like mine?
Has anyone tried to call them via their 855-SIDESHOW number? There are too many numbers for this number to work, not sure why no one else has caught this, I guess no one has tried to call it. Anyways, I used another number for SideShow and left a message with Daniele (?) and never received a call back. Totally ignored and only sent a return slip.

My first payment on this is tomorrow. I was going to pass, and wait out a ESB or ROTJ version, but it's just too classy. I had the SS version but sold it immediately after this was announced. I kinda regretted it, but this looks brilliant.

I just opened up my Darth Vader yesterday and noticed the LED in the lightsaber was staying on even when the switch was in the off position. It's a much dimmer light compared to when it's actually switched on, and the only way to turn the light off is to take the batteries completely out of the arm. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sounds like bad wiring. I would definitely see about a replacement.

I'm no electrician, but that seems like it could cause serious long-term damage to the feature. Or it could just eat through batteries like Jabba the Hut.

Did you write to them? Call them? send them pictures? Did you see my pictures? Was yours ripped like mine?
Has anyone tried to call them via their 855-SIDESHOW number? There are too many numbers for this number to work, not sure why no one else has caught this, I guess no one has tried to call it. Anyways, I used another number for SideShow and left a message with Daniele (?) and never received a call back. Totally ignored and only sent a return slip.

It's like 1-800-MATTRESS, just leave off the last letter.

Have to send my back for a replacement... figure overall was great, but the voice function stopped working between the time I got the batteries in and tested it and when I had him redressed :lol

Hopefully the next one works better; I'll probably just test it and then remove the batteries for fear of leakage.

Have to send my back for a replacement... figure overall was great, but the voice function stopped working between the time I got the batteries in and tested it and when I had him redressed :lol

Hopefully the next one works better; I'll probably just test it and then remove the batteries for fear of leakage.

Well known issue with the voice not working after 15 mins ..... you have to turn the switch off within the 15 mins or undress him again and re-insert the batteries !
How the hell you find the switch fully clothed is another issue.

Back