1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same issue with the belt ripping where it latches. It didn't come all the way undone so I put a bit of fabric glue on it and am hoping that will work. Honestly the batteries weren't fun to get in but I didn't have as big of a problem as I thought I would.

Replacement belt is finally coming from SS old one was ripped where it latches to the buckle). Should be here next week. It's weird having a figure and feeling like you don't have the figure. Got him a week or so before Christmas, but without a belt for him to wear it went back in the box (after wrestling for hours trying to test the batteries like everyone else). Looking forward to being able to display him, hoping that when its all said in done it feels worth it.

What? They are sending you a replacement?? Here us what I got from CS at SideShow:

"Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. If you would like to keep your Darth Vader as is, we can offer you a $20.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for any further credits or an exchange on this item. If you wish to repair the belt, we can recommend using Zap-A-Gap to glue the belt back together.

If this option is not satisfactory, please let us know and you may return it for a refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you." -Signed by a member of their customer service dept.

So, it looks like they want me to glue the torn buckle area? I would never be ale to remove or unbuckle the belt again? This makes no sense at all. I'll be sending this poorly designed figure back. I guess no HT Vader for me. SideShow is willing to lose a $300+ sale to a $1.00 leather belt?

What? They are sending you a replacement?? Here us what I got from CS at SideShow:

"Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. If you would like to keep your Darth Vader as is, we can offer you a $20.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for any further credits or an exchange on this item. If you wish to repair the belt, we can recommend using Zap-A-Gap to glue the belt back together.

If this option is not satisfactory, please let us know and you may return it for a refund.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you." -Signed by a member of their customer service dept.

So, it looks like they want me to glue the torn buckle area? I would never be ale to remove or unbuckle the belt again? This makes no sense at all. I'll be sending this poorly designed figure back. I guess no HT Vader for me. SideShow is willing to lose a $300+ sale to a $1.00 leather belt?

I am not surprised. I sent an inquiry on my belt over a week ago and have heard nothing

I never understand Sideshow's logic by giving you an extra few bucks to make up for a broken or damaged product. Fixing or gluing is one thing but I would never order a figure if I was told that I can save a few bucks knowing the product is damaged.

I put in the light up saber, but I didn't even mess with the rest of the electronics. With all the talk of hassle and ease of breakage the potential agitation isn't worth it to me. Love the figure though. And the Droid is terrific, well except for the base. I can't believe they used something so flimsy and cheap.

Straight out of the box.

20160109_094427_LLS.jpg

20160109_094527_LLS.jpg

20160109_094634_LLS.jpg

20160109_094651_LLS.jpg

20160109_094839_LLS.jpg

The fabric glue seemed to mend the tear on my belt so don't think I need to contact Sideshow. I probably won't fiddle with taking it off very often though as its kind of a pain to clasp the buckle and get it in line with the velcro strip.

Not sure if it's been answered already, but for anyone worrying about the slight reddish tint to the lenses, it's supposed to be there. I just watched ANH again late last night and there were some scenes where in the light, there was indeed a slight reddish tint to the lenses.

I wonder if it would be possible to slightly flatten out the ribbing on the HT suit. Would make a world of difference

The HT suit Is quilted with a lining material. You would have to remove it , but couldn't without removing the stitching as well.

Ah, that's a shame. I really need to track me down one of those original suits someday

Out of curiosity, how are some of you guys able to get the boxes on his belt so close to the belt buckle? I'm attempting to adjust mine, but this seems to be as close as I can get them on either side:

image.jpg

However, I have seen some photos where people have gotten them right next to the buckle on either side, which is movie accurate. It seems like the belt is thicker next to the buckle, preventing the boxes from smoothly latching around the belt and when simply sliding them along the belt, they stop right there. Is there some sort of trick to get them that close?

Back