1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try folding the edges of the belt over and tucking them under box clips with tweezers.

23977609361_871dfc7c63_o.jpg

Out of curiosity, how are some of you guys able to get the boxes on his belt so close to the belt buckle? I'm attempting to adjust mine, but this seems to be as close as I can get them on either side:

However, I have seen some photos where people have gotten them right next to the buckle on either side, which is movie accurate. It seems like the belt is thicker next to the buckle, preventing the boxes from smoothly latching around the belt and when simply sliding them along the belt, they stop right there. Is there some sort of trick to get them that close?

I had to force the little brackets over the velcro bits. Be careful with it, though, because it's pretty delicate material

You can just open it at the buckle and do it that way.

Cool. Thanks. :)

I had to force the little brackets over the velcro bits. Be careful with it, though, because it's pretty delicate material

Yeah, that's what I was attempting to do, but I don't want to do too much forcing being that the belt is very fragile, as mentioned. However, it looks so much better in my opinion with them next to the buckle.

SS ANH Body Suit
Hot Toys Vest and all other costume parts
View attachment 235847

That looks great, Fia! I was definitely curious how that would look. Not crazy about the HT suit (a bit too bubbly and a bit too loose fitting) but I could live with it if I can't track down a SS one for a good price. You're still using the HT vest there? How's the suit fit in general, loose, tight? Any nodding required?

Got Vader in today and aside from some of the issues already mentioned by others the one really cheap feeling part was the shin guards, feels like really thin plastic on those.

The interrogation droid is awesome, would love to use invisible line for that.

Cool. Thanks. :)

Yeah, that's what I was attempting to do, but I don't want to do too much forcing being that the belt is very fragile, as mentioned. However, it looks so much better in my opinion with them next to the buckle.

I just gripped the velcro section securely and pushed very slightly on the box. It's not too bad if you take it slowly

Well, despite being as careful as possible while trying to adjust the boxes closer to the buckle.....yep, there went the belt right in half just before the little insertion where the buckle clasps in. Extremely flimsy. :(

However, there was just enough of a piece of it protruding out that I was able to salvage it by just barely being able to super glue it back together and then carefully re-clasping it (without moving the boxes any closer to the buckle). Even though it appears to be holding just fine thus far given it doesn't get futzed with, I think I'll eventually pick-up a new one at some point.

One of those things where to anyone else, it wouldn't look any different. However, I know it's there. :lol

I'm waiting to buy an extra belt to move the boxes closer so if it gets damaged it's not a big deal.

Yeah, I wish the boxes came closer than what they do. It looks much more movie accurate and as a result, looks much better in my opinion. Getting them there though appears to be somewhat of a tricky task with this particular belt.

Well, despite being as careful as possible while trying to adjust the boxes closer to the buckle.....yep, there went the belt right in half just before the little insertion where the buckle clasps in. Extremely flimsy. :(

However, there was just enough of a piece of it protruding out that I was able to salvage it by just barely being able to super glue it back together and then carefully re-clasping it (without moving the boxes any closer to the buckle). Even though it appears to be holding just fine thus far given it doesn't get futzed with, I think I'll eventually pick-up a new one at some point.

One of those things where to anyone else, it wouldn't look any different. However, I know it's there. :lol

Damn, that sux. I had no idea people were having so many issues with them. I think I scuffed mine a bit, but it's covered by the box. Just hope it stays in one piece >_<

Yeah, I know. I'm just glad I was at least able to salvage it so I can still display him with a belt on until a new replacement is found.

Aside from the gloves, the belt being flimsy is one of the other main knocks on this guy.

I can't seem to get the belt boxes as close to the buckle as some are getting them. The velcro prevents them from sliding over and I don't want to mess with it too much as my belt broke once already and I have it fixed. I'll probably just live with it for now and maybe get a spare belt at some point.

I can't seem to get the belt boxes as close to the buckle as some are getting them. The velcro prevents them from sliding over and I don't want to mess with it too much as my belt broke once already and I have it fixed. I'll probably just live with it for now and maybe get a spare belt at some point.

crawl the belt clip on the velcro one by one on each scratchy side hair i.e. top clip then bottom then top then bottom. if that makes any sense.

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I stumbled across it and found it utterly hilarious. :lol

Palpatine's tweet on Twitter 9 hours ago:

image.jpg

Finally some people put the SSC gloves on this :yess:

Even though they are inaccurate, I like the look a lot more with those on.

Here's my video comparison of the new Hot Toys Darth Vader and the previous Sideshow Darth Vader Deluxe figure.

Both great figures, but after breaking down all the components of the figures and then reassembling both, I do have to say I'm leaning towards the Hot Toys figure as the better overall figure.

Hope you can check out the video, and find it useful or informative!

I wish Vader's tunic would drape better then what we got. Also, I would of been fine if his belt buckle was made to buckle from the back rather than the front even if it was more of a hassle. At least those who had issues breaking or needing to glue his buckle wouldn't run into this issue.

They won't slide over. You have to take off the boxes and clip them back on right next to the buckle. First top then bottom. Use tweezers or a very small flathead screwdriver for glasses to push the belt and Velcro into the prongs on the underside of the box. Make sure you measure the opposite side correctly as there is no buckle to guide you. You don't want to have to take it off and do it again.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452432286.490885.jpg
Yes I know the robes are under the armor. Just wanted to see how good the armor looks. It's very nice.

Back