1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But there's no hot Toys logo on the box :gah:

Hey, you wanna save on those useless electronics or not? Look at the shine on the lightsaber blade? Beautiful.....just beautiful

star-wars-darth-vader-sixth-scale-1000763-04.jpg

People keep saying issues.

The only issue is a poorly implemented sound feature no one would use again even if it wasn't dumb after five minutes of playing.

Agreed.
I think the only ones nit picking this figure are those that are trying to justify keeping their SS Vader and/or the steep cost.

Again, Im SOOOO happy I unloaded my SS Vader before he ended up on the resale like my SS ANH EX.

Attachments

• IMG_1452.JPG
    IMG_1452.JPG
    828.3 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Agreed.
I think the only ones nit picking this figure are those that are trying to justify keeping their SS Vader and/or the steep cost.

Again, Im SOOOO happy I unloaded my SS Vader before he ended up on the resale like my SS ANH EX.

Us ones complaining about the figure are not nit picking. It is a beautiful figure don't get me wrong but something is wrong with figure and we have every right to complain. I remember when sideshow came out with their Stormtroopers back a few years ago I bought six of them. When I put the gun in their hands the paint was coming off. What sideshow did was mold hands in white and then paint them black. I was so mad I called them everyday and complain. I week later they told me they would send out replacement hands in a couple of weeks. And they did. So if you don't say nothing they won't do nothing

Us ones complaining about the figure are not nit picking. It is a beautiful figure don't get me wrong but something is wrong with figure and we have every right to complain. I remember when sideshow came out with their Stormtroopers back a few years ago I bought six of them. When I put the gun in their hands the paint was coming off. What sideshow did was mold hands in white and then paint them black. I was so mad I called them everyday and complain. I week later they told me they would send out replacement hands in a couple of weeks. And they did. So if you don't say nothing they won't do nothing

Hey, seriously, good luck in getting Hot Toys to rewire a Vader for you, that in turn, makes us all happy. I can safely say we are all behind you 110% with that endeavor. The issues this figure has, are not quite as simple as a paint issue, but should they have offered a $250 no electronics version? Sure, that would have been swell. I would have still gotten the electronics one, just cause I'm like that...

Agreed.

No :) I have the SS ANH Vader and I'm getting this one. I don't need to justify anything to have a good whine about rubbish design and execution.

has any one tried to use the old ss ANH vader body suit on this figure. I wonder if it would be easier to get to the switch on the back of the figure with the ss ANH version since the body suit wont be as thick as the HT vader body suit.

Best way I have found to using the voice function is to only take off the belt and open the vest from the bottom. Then its super easy to flip the switch.

Just looked at photos of this figure next to the sideshow one and movie stills from episode 5 & 6. I like how this episode 4 Vader nails the ep 5-6 look miles better then Sideshows Vader. I mean, the mouth triangle on Sideshow's Vader is waaaay to big. And they re sculpted the gloves and codpiece :slap:slap:slap

Awesome. How did you make the lightsaber float?

The force! duh, lol

What joda said! ;)

bravo para, looks awesome.

more excellent pics Para. makes me want to order him more, in spite of the issues...

:duff

People keep saying issues.

The only issue is a poorly implemented sound feature no one would use again even if it wasn't dumb after five minutes of playing.

Exactly this. I've no problem with Vader except the poorly executed sound feature.

I didn't know about TA until now. Pretty cool resource for parts.

I was going to get an extra Vader vest and suit, but now it looks like they are sold out. Is it likely TA will get more in or is it usually one shot and done with the parts they offer?

I opened my Vader yesterday. Even with minimal futzing he looks amazing to me. Haven't bothered with the electronics yet, and I have some CCFL sabers arriving sometime soon(ish) so that should make him even better to look at. I had to unpack my Stormtrooper double set to flank him. They are awesome figures in their own right but have now become fancy accessories for Vader.

I got mine in a couple days agai and I have no issues with the figure at all. It's kinda hard to turn on the voice switch but I can do it without removing anything and it works great.

Back