1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful with the belt, everyone. In an attempt to move the belt boxes as close to the buckle as I could, I caused the right side buckle (hole - for lack of a better term) to snap right off.......ARGH! This figure.......ironically, I already had a back up from TA, as I just knew the Achilles heel of the piece is that cheap belt, but didn't think I would need it week 1 already!!!!!

Well, it looks like I'm gonna have to send my Darth Vader back.

I went to try and re-activate the sound feature on him, after initially playing with it on the first day and now he is mute. I undressed him and reset the switch only to find that he no longer talks... or breathes. Only thing that comes on is the red light on the remote.

This sucks.

Part of me thinks I should just keep him and not use the sound feature. But I can't keep him knowing that he is broken.

Well, it looks like I'm gonna have to send my Darth Vader back.

I went to try and re-activate the sound feature on him, after initially playing with it on the first day and now he is mute. I undressed him and reset the switch only to find that he no longer talks... or breathes. Only thing that comes on is the red light on the remote.

This sucks.

Part of me thinks I should just keep him and not use the sound feature. But I can't keep him knowing that he is broken.

Thats why I didnt even try the sound feature. I just tested the light up arm; ignorance is bliss.

What's the actually problem here? The batteries, the internal wiring?

I can only speculate - my understanding is that removing the batteries and switching the switch back on the actual figure may work....I myself have personally turned the switch on, had it worked. Switched it off at the figure's back and on the remote, and when I went to switch it back on at the figure it worked. If you leave the switch on the figure and it self deactivates after 15 min, the removal of the batteries, then re-inserting them is a hard reset, as it were.

See what happens....

I had no problem when I put the batteries in both the body and the remote initially. I redressed him and had fun with the sound feature for about a half an hour or so. When I awoke up the next morning, the figure self deactivated. I assumed that even though it was currently not working, I could at any time undress him and reactivate it. Well, I wanted to show my dad the sound feature this evening and decided to undress him and reactivate the sound. Only it didn't. I even swapped out the three batteries with the ones in the remote. Still nothing. Both sets of batteries do light up the red light on the remote so I know it's not the batteries.

First thing Monday, I'm calling Sideshow.

**** this stinking sound feature. Poor design stinks, Hot Toys, you stinky stinkers.

It's making me mad and I don't even have it yet.

Oh jeez, I'm sure there's a fix for it. It sounds like internals or maybe even some logic software going wrong

I just got mine, beautiful piece honestly, from my opinion. But I haven't messed with the lights or the sounds yet. I would like it to work but eh don't want to go thru the hassle

**** this stinking sound feature. Poor design stinks, Hot Toys, you stinky stinkers.

You mad.

He mad too.

The last in a line of defective apprentices.

wo0kb.jpg

Mine arrives in few days.
In all honesty at $390 after tax and shipping,with all these issues in hand.
I would have passed on this one.

You mad.

He mad too.

The last in a line of defective apprentices.

Oh I mad. But it is we, the downtrodden nerd doll men, who pay the price.

Mine arrives in few days.
In all honesty at $390 after tax and shipping,with all these issues in hand.
I would have passed on this one.

I don't care much about the issues in practice, 'cause even if I could get the thing to talk with a swipe gesture I'd never use it. It's the principle of serving up a poorly designed so-called high-end product. I don't accept it from Ferrari and Armani, and I won't accept it from Hot Toys dammit.

Except that I already have.

But next time I won't.

Oh I mad. But it is we, the downtrodden nerd doll men, who pay the price.

It's true. And he knows it too.

We are the nerd doll men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Lejuan said:
I don't care much about the issues in practice, 'cause even if I could get the thing to talk with a swipe gesture I'd never use it. It's the principle of serving up a poorly designed so-called high-end product. I don't accept it from Ferrari and Armani, and I won't accept it from Hot Toys dammit.

Except that I already have.

But next time I won't.

HT you have been warned! :lol

I wish they'd just dispense with the electronics. It only adds to the price and I never use it.

If you want sounds I'm sure you could get them from a much cheaper Hasbro lump...and pretend it's the more expensive HT talking...

It's true. And he knows it too.

We are the nerd doll men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Mistah Hottoyz - he dead :lol

I wish they'd just dispense with the electronics. It only adds to the price and I never use it.

If you want sounds I'm sure you could get them from a much cheaper Hasbro lump...and pretend it's the more expensive HT talking...

a bluetooth speaker on the shelf, an app, an OT voice cast... I would sit in my chair and cycle through them one by one, over and over.

"With the blast shield down, I can't even see!"

"Use the force Luke"

"beep bloop squeee blip!"

etc

I'm looking for some loose parts, sorry to be a bit ignorant but can someone fill me in on who TA are, I've only used monkey depot or collectable kitbash.

He looks really good once you futz him but out of the box not the best. His chest plate, crotch, & belt once adjusted does look amazing.

Back