1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Satisfied my curiosity as to how the Dredd gloves would look on Vader and I can say that the stock hands look much better, IMO. I can see why Hot Toys sculpted them the way they did but if they would have made the hands a smidgen bigger, with thicker fingers, they would be perfect. Anyway, here's a couple pics.

Nice job,they look great!:clap

It's not the hands that are so much of a problem as the thick piece of fabric forming the back of the glove itself. That's just plain wrong.

They need to be replaced with a single moulded glove/gauntlet.

Why not a two piece, with the hand as they are now, but actually sculpted to look like the are part of the glove? I do not get why they just did not do that? Easy solution!

Why not a two piece, with the hand as they are now, but actually sculpted to look like the are part of the glove? I do not get why they just did not do that? Easy solution!

That works, too. Probably better. The way X-Wing Luke and the Hoth figures were done.

Has to be better than the too obvious fabric 'attachment'.

The helmet is sensational! It really captures the ANH Vader. ESB Vader was too polished and symmetrical, in Star Wars he was big, rough and brutal.

There's something dirty about this picture.

Thankfully, Sideshow corrected their codpiece.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back