1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you will but it's the only real way of it working without having to strip vader down every time. It's been said already but HT should have put it into the base(which can still be easily done with a little work). I never really cared for the sound feature but for the money these things cost they should have it done right.

Agree

*sigh* Seriously considering passing on this one. There are many reasons to prefer ANH Vader, all of which have been covered in this thread. But one of my collecting criteria is resonance, and I just like him better in ESB. It's the "Bond Villain" thing he has going on. He's smooth, sarcastic and gleefully murderous in that one.

I guess I prefer "smooth & polished" to "battle-worn badass". In this case, anyway.

I have no doubt HT will get to him eventually, SSC versions notwithstanding.

I have a little time to decide before the Aftermarket gets its hooks in.

Problems Of A First World Nerd.

This is really all I needed to see...

image.jpg

But seeing even more is all the better.

Wait a minute;the belt boxes are on the wrong sides(the lights should be towards the center)...PS

I so want to wait for the inevitable HT ESB version but damn all these pictures are killing me. I'd just have to pose him with the hands hidden.

*sigh* Seriously considering passing on this one. There are many reasons to prefer ANH Vader, all of which have been covered in this thread. But one of my collecting criteria is resonance, and I just like him better in ESB. It's the "Bond Villain" thing he has going on. He's smooth, sarcastic and gleefully murderous in that one.

I guess I prefer "smooth & polished" to "battle-worn badass". In this case, anyway.

I have no doubt HT will get to him eventually, SSC versions notwithstanding.

I have a little time to decide before the Aftermarket gets its hooks in.

Problems Of A First World Nerd.

I so want to wait for the inevitable HT ESB version but damn all these pictures are killing me. I'd just have to pose him with the hands hidden.

Preferring the ESB look and the poor hands are also part of what I keep telling myself I should wait - but otherwise this Vader does look really good.

I do like the LED Saber after getting Kenobi and seeing how well it works. I have this thought that keeps bugging me in the back of my head though asking what if a future ESB/ROTJ Vader doesn't come with one? Seems unreasonable that it wouldn't, that the next Vader would not come with a feature that seems to work well that they are establishing across their figure line. But you never know. I also wonder if we are assuming to much that there will be another Vader down the road? Does anyone know how long HT holds the Star Wars license before they would have to renew??

Presumably a good few years yet, Jaymas, and common sense dictates that they will renew or release an ESB Vader before it expired. If SSC persists with what seems like an open edition on their Vader, I can even see HT putting theirs up for pre-order anyway. I agree about the sabre, though. It's something one could see them dropping and not necessarily a sure thing.

And personally I wouldn't wait. If you're happy with Old Ben in-hand, I can't see you being disappointed with Vader. It's leagues better than SSC's regardless of any easily ignored issues with the gloves.

Last edited:
[...] And personally I wouldn't wait. If you're happy with Old Ben in-hand, I can't see you being disappointed with Vader. It's leagues better than SSC's regardless of any easily ignored issues with the gloves.

Yeah...the gloves are no reason not to get this figure. My issues are more regarding the specific version. And I'm still undecided.

Yep, ESB is easily my favourite rendition of Vader both visually and as a character (really comes into his own in that movie). ANH version is really cool, though, for the reasons you mention in your previous post, so I do feel both are essential to me. That's one set of figures where I wouldn't mind the hassle of rotating in and out if I don't want both on display.

ESB Vader is also my favorite version, so when HT announces the inevitable ESB figure, I'll sell off this one and trade-up. I did this with both SSC versions and after seeing the current after market prices of Han and Chewbacca, I am confident I could resell this version in a few years and, at least, break even.

Yep, ESB is easily my favourite rendition of Vader both visually and as a character (really comes into his own in that movie). ANH version is really cool, though, for the reasons you mention in your previous post, so I do feel both are essential to me. That's one set of figures where I wouldn't mind the hassle of rotating in and out if I don't want both on display.

Presumably a good few years yet, Jaymas, and common sense dictates that they will renew or release an ESB Vader before it expired. If SSC persists with what seems like an open edition on their Vader, I can even see HT putting theirs up for pre-order anyway. I agree about the sabre, though. It's something one could see them dropping and not necessarily a sure thing.

And personally I wouldn't wait. If you're happy with Old Ben in-hand, I can't see you being disappointed with Vader. It's leagues better than SSC's regardless of any easily ignored issues with the gloves.

Are the gloves a total write-off, or can they be tweaked somehow? I'm wondering if just some thicker black gloved hands might work if the pleather part is separate?

Back