1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the old SS ANH gloves which i shortened a tad. The original pegs pop out easy and can then be fitted with the HT one's.

:lecture

It's a definite improvement. You can see that he has wrists now.

And that last photo...is like a still from the film!

matrix69 said:
Yes they are and they're also wired around the edge so you can get a little flare if needed. The hands are the biggest let down,too small with skinny fingers,just awful looking! Another idea would be to glue the sleeves onto a pair of gloved bendy hands which i think would look great.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I know that the stitching is vertical rather than horizontal, but I think I'll take the easy route and use the SS ESB gloves. They're probably roomier than the ANH so will incorporate the thicker suit, which in turn will hopefully offset the wide opening flare.

On the ESB with the flare turned to the back the glove looks very neat.

I'm going to try a couple combinations using the Dredd gloves. The stock hands don't really bother me that much but now I'm curious if I can make it look a little more screen accurate.

Ideally I'd like to fit the gloves over the Vader hands but I don't think that'll work due the lack of spacing on the fingers. I'll probably have to use the bendy hands. I'll post some poor quality pics later tonight after the kiddos go to bed.

I'm a purist an can't bring myself to swap parts or mod a figure in any way; the term "it is what it is" applies to my collection as a whole.

Luke stormie for me next payment 5th jan and not heard anything so after xmas for me

luke.jpg

Amazing looking pictures Para! What color light do you use?

I can feel the cold just looking at those pictures (SW Rebels reference [emoji6])

Thanks! They're a really blue LED. Supposed to be white but it's more blue than anything else. Some of the shots I have to adjust the temperature afterwards to compensate.

Not a biggie, but it's a little odd that HT didn't do the slightly reddish tint to the lenses. Seems like all the fans know that about the ANH mask.

Not a biggie, but it's a little odd that HT didn't do the slightly reddish tint to the lenses. Seems like all the fans know that about the ANH mask.

It never looked "red" or amber to me in the movie theater. Only twice -- when he turns to Tarkin and you can see his eye behind the amber (not red) looking glass (they just made the jump into hyperspace) and once in the TIE.

Not sure where that red exaggeration came from -- toys maybe, comics; gotta be from those comic book kids that think his eyes should match his saber.

When I see Vader's hands I think of an emo kid.

:lol

Could've scrapped the useless sound feature at least.

With reference to the droid, it was assumed it was underscale as the original seemed to be constructed from two astromech domes.

Wonder if HT got their dimensions from the Star Wars Encyclopedia entry, which Wookieepedia quotes?

An astromech dome would certainly be wider than a foot.

I was trying to be fair to HT. I'm assuming two or three pairs of bendy-handed gloves would be more pricey than the half-assed approach it took. Eliminating the sound feature and droid may have helped make up the difference. I could've lived without either if it meant superior-looking gloves.

And that last photo...is like a still from the film!

:lol

Fantastic pics, para. :duff

Could someone share a comparison picture of both Lightsaber hilts SSC ANH and Hot Toys? Wondering which looks best?

Guys, don't know if you saw the news, but SSC is re-releasing one of their Vaders. Sucks for all of you who jumped on the hype wagon too soon and bought this guy. Sometimes it pays to be patient!

Guys, don't know if you saw the news, but SSC is re-releasing one of their Vaders. Sucks for all of you who jumped on the hype wagon too soon and bought this guy. Sometimes it pays to be patient!

Yeah, we really want that rehash Vader! Um Thanks. (no offense)

I'll stick with HT. Thanks. SS can release a version for every scene Vader is in and i still wouldn't buy it.

Back