1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any idea if SS will ship before Christmas ?

I certainly hope so. I used RP and used Paypal to pay in full only $138 after rp's, as I've been seeing that paid in full orders get shipped out first.
And the 138 was reimbursed to me as this is a Christmas present.

Yeah...the gloves are no reason not to get this figure. My issues are more regarding the specific version. And I'm still undecided.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I pre-ordered from Popculctcha AU and they sent an e-mail today it will ship around December 31st. They have received several star wars figures ahead of Sidehow recently so it may be close to get it in before the end of the year.

My last payment is 25th dec ss said they will take it on 28th dec and ship on 29th we will see

Very good photos, but are those gloves or did Ani stick his hand up a drainpipe?

I think to hell with screen accuracy, my Vader will be borrowing a pair of SS ESB's gloves. They look so much neater.

Nice pics, matrix. :duff

HT should've scrapped the interrogator and the sound feature and thrown in a couple pairs of decent mitts.

Could've scrapped the useless sound feature at least.

With reference to the droid, it was assumed it was underscale as the original seemed to be constructed from two astromech domes.

Wonder if HT got their dimensions from the Star Wars Encyclopedia entry, which Wookieepedia quotes?

Width 0.3 meters[SUP][1][/SUP]

An astromech dome would certainly be wider than a foot.

PC220048.JPG

What's with that mini Deathstar? That's what I used to always think when I saw that movie the first few times. And when I started getting pooh jokes, my brother and I would always in unison understand where that incredible stench was discovered. :rotfl

Here's the old SS ANH gloves which i shortened a tad. The original pegs pop out easy and can then be fitted with the HT one's. Only downside is that the gloves are too narrow to slide up onto the sleeved arms as the suit is very thick,so i split the back of the gloves. Still have a little work to do on them. View attachment 227897View attachment 227898

Are the gauntlet parts completely removable? Or are they attached to the suit arms?

Yes they are and they're also wired around the edge so you can get a little flare if needed. The hands are the biggest let down,too small with skinny fingers,just awful looking! Another idea would be to glue the sleeves onto a pair of gloved bendy hands which i think would look great.

Back