1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much good SW stuff coming from HT. Which of the just released or upcoming releases do you all think will sell out first...Vader, FO Stormtrooper, Ben Kenobi or Sandtrooper? Already have the Exclusive Luke PO'd at SS and have $55 in rewards to spend on one of these. I guess I want to get first what is most likely to sell out first. I appreciate all your opinions. Thanks.

So you have to strip off his head, armor, cape, chest box, tunic, unzip the suit just to reactivate him to talk again? You can't feel for the switch through the costume?

That sounds ****ed. :lol Hell, I'm a major futzer so by the time I had him all put together and looking proper it would probably exceed 15 minutes. Sounds like a bad design. I'm not big on electronics (used the feature on my Robocop once to check him), but that's pretty dumb. I'd definitely want to try out this Vader and utilize the remote on a shelf if I had it, atleast once. Sounds frustrating.

Would have been better off nixing the electronics and offering it for $219 or something.
I tend to agree. I watched Clipperking's review & he outlined everything nicely. The electronic feature / clothing deal, is a frustrating mess to bother with.

I'm still keen to get the set, but after testing the feature once, the batteries are getting turfed & I won't use it again, unless I'm really bored.

I assume the SSC gloves (even the hand part) would be too large.
Yeah, I figured as much.

So much good SW stuff coming from HT. Which of the just released or upcoming releases do you all think will sell out first...Vader, FO Stormtrooper, Ben Kenobi or Sandtrooper? Already have the Exclusive Luke PO'd at SS and have $55 in rewards to spend on one of these. I guess I want to get first what is most likely to sell out first. I appreciate all your opinions. Thanks.

Vader probably, but that depends on how many they've made

A cheap sound fx alternative to the hassle of having to put the batteries in and waking up Vader every time is the "dashboard" figure. Has 10 phrases from all three movies and breathing.
I cut the figurine off mine and just use it as fx for my deluxe I'm trying to sell.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447933975.765604.jpg
https://vimeo.com/146231199

I have to think the electronics totally shutting off is an accident on Hot Toys part and that the remote was intended to wake up Vader.

Wish they nixed the whole feature and lowered the cost.

Does anyone know if there is any type of comparison video yet, between HT and SSC Vader?, just wondering thanks.

Just received Vader yesterday and honestly the hands don't bother me too much. The gauntlets are really nice and have Velcro to attach to the back of he hand. Could they have offered a better sculpted hand? Of course but it's a minor detail on an otherwise perfect figure.

The wires in the tunic are coming out. No idea what benefit they serve but they are impossible to work with. So, 2 minor details on an otherwise perfect figure.

A cheap sound fx alternative to the hassle of having to put the batteries in and waking up Vader every time is the "dashboard" figure. Has 10 phrases from all three movies and breathing.

I have the same one, along with a Yoda one. I believe they made a 3PO one as well. The Vader voice is actually really good. It is a nice little item for $10.

Those SS ANH gloves are too big and too long. If you're talking about the ESB/ROYJ one, then they have an incorrect pattern.

Thanks. Stinks that those are to long. I would still like to see the SSC ESB/ROTJ gloves on though. They seem pretty big, so wouldn't be surprised if those are the same as SS ANH gloves in regards to fitting.

I have the same one, along with a Yoda one. I believe they made a 3PO one as well. The Vader voice is actually really good. It is a nice little item for $10.

I have the Yoda, 3PO, Stormtrooper, and chewy one as well. Pretty cool if your into that sort of thing.

Back