1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have real mixed feelings about the scuff marks on the mask. I get they are "accurate" to at least some shots in the film, but I may have preferred that they didn't do it. It's not something generally noticed and it seems to only be noticed now in the age of HD and Blueray. I also wonder how intentional it is when the first Star Wars movie was made on a smaller and tighter budget. I don't have the figure in hand, so I can't really say one way or the other, but I wonder if the scuff marks are distracting in a way that they clearly aren't in the film (because they are overwhelmingly hardly noticed in the movie).

Also, isn't the brushed metal sections of the armor piece too shiny for the ANH version? I always thought the ESB version was like that and the New Hope version was duller - almost two tone black rather than black and silver.

I'm still on the fence with this one, the scuff marks and the armor isn't what is keeping me there though. The biggest thing is still the gloves, I am hoping someone comes up with a way to futz it better to keep the edges down against the back of the hand to make it feel more like the hands are actually part of the "gloves"

Not sure how anyone could hope for a better ANH Vader than this?
Screw the batteries, the sound etc..It's nearly perfect. Too dark here to take proper pics, will have some fun with him over weekend.

1_zpsfispolee.jpg

Not sure why they didn't just put all the sound in the base, but the actual figure looks amazing.........lenses are red, correct? AND very nice clip, ClipperKing - thanks

Last edited:
The biggest thing is still the gloves, I am hoping someone comes up with a way to futz it better to keep the edges down against the back of the hand to make it feel more like the hands are actually part of the "gloves"

The hands each have a little Velcro tab on them so you can attach the gauntlets to them. I think mine look pretty close to a single piece. Unless you look really close, it's hard to tell. They're really not that bad. I know in pics it looks like skinny fingers but in hand it's not very noticeable. At least to me. Honestly, the rest of the figure simply outshines the hands. The gauntlets are very well done, as is the suit. Feels like real leather and the stitching is very clean.

Once you have him you'll see what I mean. It may continue to bother you but I have a feeling you may be able to easily overlook the gloves.

Back