1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how anyone could hope for a better ANH Vader than this?
Screw the batteries, the sound etc..It's nearly perfect. Too dark here to take proper pics, will have some fun with him over weekend.

1_zpsfispolee.jpg

If it's not too much trouble, could you and Para NOT force me to pee myself three times a daily? Your consideration is appreciated...

-Desparate & Dehydrated

Fookin' 'ell that's breathtakin'

Last edited:
Screw the batteries, the sound etc..It's nearly perfect. Too dark here to take proper pics, will have some fun with him over weekend.

1_zpsfispolee.jpg

Rory. I don't know what lighting you use to take your pics but hot damn they look good!!!!

1_zpsfispolee.jpg

Of all the pictures I have seen of this, THIS has been the most influential for me to buy it. I just need to look for King's review to learn certain details.

image.jpg

Of all the pictures I have seen of this, THIS has been the most influential for me to buy it. I just need to look for King's review to learn certain details.

Yep, with tremendous respect for ALL the great photographers whose talent we exploit daily, THIS is the shot so far.... And I'll throw this one in from JTC with the custom painted ANH armour too:

image.jpg

Now, if you would kindly STOP quoting this pic over and over, that would be great...not much fluid left in my body.

Last edited:
Yes, there has been a lot of great pics here but particularly this one. If not for noticing the size of the cape's stitching, there's nothing that I can see that jars my eyes into thinking that his photo was from the movies.

1_zpsfispolee.jpg
Great, great picture there, Rory.

As for the brush strokes on the mask, I think it's great. If anything he needs to look more ****ed up. He looks ultra clean and shiny. I didn't expect HT to go all the way with this anyway. They still produced a great Vader though. No doubt there.

And I didn't even know this thing came with sound effects. [emoji38] I wouldn't even bother with that junk. I dig the light up saber but even that isn't something I'd consider a "must". It's stupid the way HT designed the accessing of this stuff though.

Yeah props Rory, definitely.

I haven't bought a 1/6 scale figure since I got the Tamashii C-3PO back in 2012 or whatever.

This Vader will be breaking that drought.. :rock

Easily. :lol

I've been on a tight budget for a while, but most of the stuff that's being pooped out of these companies is off my radar anyway.

Apart from stuff like the Murphy/Robo set, 66 Bats & Robin & a couple others, it's only been some of the HT ANH SW figures that've got me excited again really.

Anyone think the cape and robe will be widely parted out? I decided the lferigno ones are too high maintenance.

Back