1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eh looks like another vader tbh, coming from hot toys i kinda expected those guys to come up with a wearable/removable face mask that conceals a nicely sculpted head, seeing as heads are hot toys specialty,

happy with my SS RoTJ one for the time being anyway.

eh looks like another vader tbh, coming from hot toys i kinda expected those guys to come up with a wearable/removable face mask that conceals a nicely sculpted head, seeing as heads are hot toys specialty,

happy with my SS RoTJ one for the time being anyway.

Why would you expect removable face mask for a Star Wars Vader?

I might be the only one, but I think it'd be kinda cool to have a David Prowse head under the mask. To kind of give it more of that true movie costume feel.

I know I was bummed when I opened my C-3PO set and... no Anthony Daniels sculpt :mad:

Would be a bit of an anti-climax for Jar-Jar Binks.... lift off the head and get a green screen mask..

Am I the only one that's not liking the stands for these figures? I like the stand SS's Vader comes with but this one is just so bland compared to it. They all are pretty bland.

I wish all figures just came with the simple oval stands. They're a lot neater than all the DX and fancy versions.

The torso is way too long. All the space between chest armor and chest box and between the chest box and belt should pretty much be removed.

Well, if the stands were steel grey, they would appear to resemble the grill floors many sets had in the movies. Only, the HT grills are oriented the wrong way. :)

ExecutorStardestroyer-016.jpg Sure, this is ESB... but you get the picture.

The torso is way too long. All the space between chest armor and chest box and between the chest box and belt should pretty much be removed.

Well, if the stands were steel grey, they would appear to resemble the grill floors many sets had in the movies. Only, the HT grills are oriented the wrong way. :)

View attachment 155948 Sure, this is ESB... but you get the picture.

Has anybody else noticed that despite everybody posing vader with the wide led stance he more often then not stands with his legs rather close together unless in a fight pose, I think it's key when posing to do the same to achieve the proper look

Has anybody else noticed that despite everybody posing vader with the wide led stance he more often then not stands with his legs rather close together unless in a fight pose, I think it's key when posing to do the same to achieve the proper look

Yep... You are correct, everyone wants Vader to be in action poses. He is a stoic, looming, big imposing character. This affects the way he appears greatly.

Am I the only one that's not liking the stands for these figures? I like the stand SS's Vader comes with but this one is just so bland compared to it. They all are pretty bland.
I'm not in love with the red grill flooring bases but I am glad that Hot Toys is doing something other than the typical black oval stands. To me those get kind of boring to look at. People who want those instead could always buy some blank ones for their figures to use if they don't like what Hot Toys is including. I just wish there was a bit more variety to the stands and they weren't all the same.

I'm liking how 3Zero handles this. No stands. ;) Maybe Hot Toys can follow suit. Just drop prices $50 to make up for it. Wishful thinking.

Back