1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The final product will not just live up to the expectations created by the prototype - it will be even better :lecture

I imagine it's going to be one of those smelly figures that'll have to air out for a bit, but it'll be worth it to get perfection. :yess:

vaderfigureht.jpg

Ok, I like the bodysuit again now. :lol

Man, it needs some intensive futzing (inaccuracies aside), but it's still a nice figure.

Cheers for the pic YFB.

Looking at that photo, not looking for 100% film accuracy in every detail, that's a great looking Vader and the only part that just looks off to me is the chest box seems puny, like maybe it's exactly 1/6 the real one, but the rest of the figure isn't so it looks small. Otherwise that looks like Vader in the general sense that I think of, even if not 100% ANH, makes me very hopefully of an ESB/ROTJ version being my dream Vader.

Man, it needs some intensive futzing (inaccuracies aside), but it's still a nice figure.

Cheers for the pic YFB.

No problem, VDG.

I have a feeling that come hell or high water, people will be modding the helmet, the body, making custom capes and robes, etc. Only a small percentage will remain stock. :lol

What can I say.. it ain't the Vader I was hoping for. At this point - even if one was cashed up enough to buy a bucket of 1/6 Vader bits & pieces.. the parts are still scaled for a taller than appropriate base body. Doing the shortening mod - even on the nice customs, makes them look like large dwarfs (slight exaggeration).

You know someone will be offering red lenses. :lol

I'm not a mod guy/customizer, but if you wanted to achieve that dusty look, couldn't you apply talcum powder and seal it somehow?

dirtyvader.jpg

You know someone will be offering red lenses. :lol

I'm not a mod guy/customizer, but if you wanted to achieve that dusty look, couldn't you apply talcum powder and seal it somehow? [snip]

Careful application of pigment powders, maybe some dry-brushing, strategic paint chips...even surface re-finishing with a Scotch-Brite pad...a lot of work to make it look right.

Symetry and where the helmet rests on his shoulders aside, the photo reminds me of this promo shot and looks like Vader, where I feel like the Sideshow helms just always look a bit off in proportions and such.

promo%20Vader.jpg

me neither...since the helmet snaps into place from the look, what the heck went wrong during the Tie Fighter parts...his dome is half off in some scenes...awesome posting. Thank you

The rear of the dome likely pushed towards the head rest on the pilot's seat and unsnapped the tab system.

lol, but for $300 Hot Toys should be supplying their own dirty powder....

Agreed. But this is what we get. :lol

Careful application of pigment powders, maybe some dry-brushing, strategic paint chips...even surface re-finishing with a Scotch-Brite pad...a lot of work to make it look right.

I guess we're going to have a DX12-like customization thread in the SW section. And that at least one entrepreneurial soul will be selling custom asymmetrical helmets. :joy

Honestly, I just want castings of the Marmit parts.

OMG, yes..............I honestly can't believe it hasn't happened.

The rear of the dome likely pushed towards the head rest on the pilot's seat and unsnapped the tab system.

Thanks, that does sound about right....of all the things he fixes in the SE.......!!!

I think one of the major problems is the tailoring of the suit.
Maybe they made it a bit baggy so pose ability doesn't suffer too much, but the low crotch just throws the whole thing off, because then you have to pull the cod piece down and then the belt and the chest box, and suddenly it just doesn't look right...
On the whole though, this pic is the one that makes the whole thing look the best.
I might even consider buying it if it weren't for the price.

Oh, and it will definitely need a custom cape.

..the bodysuit is starting to kind of look like a woolen one piece.. :(
:lol

Glad it's looking better to you. Part for part, it's all great, I think. Really like the quilted effect they got on the body suit and I love the mask. It's not a dead ringer for ANH Vader but I'm glad to be picking it up.

Back