1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a great figure for sure, but like JKNO said you might wanna get the Tarkin & Vader set. Prices aren’t inflated as it’s still on PO.

The re-release of ANH Vader (in the two pack with Tarkin) also appears to use the HT RO glove design, not the original HT ANH glove design - at least as can be judged from promo photos of the two pack.

Which begs the question: Are the Rogue One Vader gloves accurate to A New Hope, or specific to RO?

Unless Vader had a spare set of completely different gloves and put them on in the space of 10 minutes chasing the Tantive IV then I'd guess they're the same?

Or are you referring specifically to HT's mould for those gloves?

It’s a great figure for sure, but like JKNO said you might wanna get the Tarkin & Vader set. Prices aren’t inflated as it’s still on PO. There’s also the ESB coming later this year. And yeah the two tusk tips are painted the same on the RO Vader figure. Right side is black, and left is silver. [emoji106]

Haha! I have my ESB Vader on pre-order. Skipping the Vader and tarkin set coz I tot it was the same
mould (as ANH ver.) back then. Buying the RO Vader in resell market (around 320SGD). I was telling myself since the tusk issue is intentional; it won’t bother me much then. The backdrop Death Star diorama is given together in the box or separate? My main worry is the piece I’m getting does not have the diorama since it was stated explicitly that the diorama is a pre-order bonus .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not too sure if the backdrop came with figures that weren’t preordered. I seem to remember someone saying they do come with it, but I’m not sure. If it does, it’s placed in the box behind the figure. Hope yours comes with it!

Unless Vader had a spare set of completely different gloves and put them on in the space of 10 minutes chasing the Tantive IV then I'd guess they're the same?

Or are you referring specifically to HT's mould for those gloves?

Yes, there were differences between the original HT ANH Vader gloves and HT's RO Vader gloves. The original HT ANH gloves had an odd flap over the knuckle, which many people disliked (and weren't at all screen accurate). The HT Rogue One Vader dispensed with the flap, and was more screen accurate - to Rogue One, at least.

wtEk2x5.jpg

I'm just wondering if the HT ANH Vader re-release (with Tarkin) will utilise the RO gloves and, if so, whether those RO gloves are also screen accurate to A New Hope Vader? From promo photos of the Vader/Tarkin two-pack, it appears the Vader there is utilising the gloves from the HT RO release - or, at least, not the original HT ANH Vader gloves...

Yeah... I thought that was what you meant after I'd typed me reply. I think they're definitely the RO gloves for the Tarkin Vader. I don't think anybody wants to see the ANH flaps again... even HT.

I'm looking forward to having the set in hand. I sold my ANH Vader, which was extremely disappointing. This Vader has better gloves and a larger chest piece, without the defective sound fx. The placement of the weathering on this new Vader is screen accurate, but might be too prominent. I'll have to see it in hand. It's annoying that HT still hasn't recessed the nose, but compared to ANH Vader this is great.

White beard of Zues! Set looks glorious! Didn't realize Vader still comes with the interrogation Droid.

Omg, I'd love to know why they have added that rotj style pin on the belt....

Yeah, this new Tarkin 2pk ANH Vader is a real Frankenstein amalgamation of a figure. Literally a mashup from the RO, ANH, & unreleased ESB figure.. Really odd choices. Glad I have this original ANH figure.

I am glad I got the Rogue One gloves for the A new Hope Vader. The Tarkin looks awesome though. The Vader is good for people who didn't get him but I am waiting for the Empire version.

Well, let the nitpicking begin... :wink1:

Looks like Vader’s shoulder armor is incorrectly solid black. Not a big deal.

But it also looks like they once again failed to paint the eye sockets black on Vader’s mask around the lenses. This totally kills the look for me, making him look all surprised instead of menacingly angry.

Your mileage may vary...

HOLY ****ING ****!

I was cleaning my figures when I noticed a cobweb between Han and Vader I moved it, and what do you know a HUGE ****ing spider was hiding behind Vader's cape! I'm ****ing terrified of spiders so when I saw that thing, I noped the **** out of there. After I worked up the nerve to go kill that sucker, I lifted up the cape, wad of paper towels at the ready, and I spot a ****ing egg in there too! WHAT THE ****! The nerve is gone and so am I.

That's when my father came home and helped me out. This was a terrifying experience and I'm not gonna let a week go by before I actually touch my figures again.

HOLY ****ING ****!

I was cleaning my figures when I noticed a cobweb between Han and Vader I moved it, and what do you know a HUGE ****ing spider was hiding behind Vader's cape! I'm ****ing terrified of spiders so when I saw that thing, I noped the **** out of there. After I worked up the nerve to go kill that sucker, I lifted up the cape, wad of paper towels at the ready, and I spot a ****ing egg in there too! WHAT THE ****! The nerve is gone and so am I.

That's when my father came home and helped me out. This was a terrifying experience and I'm not gonna let a week go by before I actually touch my figures again.

Just burn the figure

HOLY ****ING ****!

Time to put that one on eBay. "Perfect condition. Displayed in glass case only. Definitely no giant spiders or eggs hiding." :lol

So... how much different is this one in comparison to the Tarkin two pack Vader? I know the gloves are different.

HOLY ****ING ****!

The Green Goblin afraid of "spiders"?... :wink1:

Just burn the figure

I considered it. I figured I'd be the first guy with the Hot Toys Funeral Pyre Vader.

I think this spider was the best argument for boxing things up instead of having a 16 figures bunched up on top of a ****** IKEA drawer in my room.

The Green Goblin afraid of "spiders"?... :wink1:

The irony is that Spider-Man is my favorite super hero too, lol.

Back