1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got them on finally lol. I'm digging it
d3ce1ad030a630dfdcc296cc8ac3ad93.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hello guys! It’s been a while since I last posted. Recently was looking at my own Star Wars collection and noticed something disturbing with regards to my Darth Vader. I noticed that the sliver tip to the right of his mouth is not really distinctly sliver as compared to that of the left tip. Well it took me nearly 1 year to notice it... sigh... I tried to check online photos and videos and noted the same for other collectors. It this painting “mismatch” intentional?

Looks great ZillaFan! I wish the RO Vader had that inner robe. Has a better look to it.

mirai_ernest, I believe that’s an intentional paint app. As the actual helmet in the movie had one silver tip and one darker black. All good!

Looks great ZillaFan! I wish the RO Vader had that inner robe. Has a better look to it.

mirai_ernest, I believe that’s an intentional paint app. As the actual helmet in the movie had one silver tip and one darker black. All good!

Thanks IndyMOS for replying! I was so worried when I notice the mismatch; I tot mine is due to weathering and hence the paint dropping off.. I feel much better now! I have also pre-ordered the ESB version, will share the pics with you all till then:)

No problem Mirai! I know others can more accurately pinpoint the details of the helmet, but I know that’s one of the features of ANH Vader.

Hello guys! It’s been a while since I last posted. Recently was looking at my own Star Wars collection and noticed something disturbing with regards to my Darth Vader. I noticed that the sliver tip to the right of his mouth is not really distinctly sliver as compared to that of the left tip. Well it took me nearly 1 year to notice it... sigh... I tried to check online photos and videos and noted the same for other collectors. It this painting “mismatch” intentional?

Yeah, it's intentional. It was also that way in A New Hope.

Yes. His right risk was more black than silver. His left risk was more silver. In the movie. They got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vader ANH 01.jpg

RO Darth Vader price is madness now in my country. Is it worth buying? The sliver tip issues also applies to this version?

Get the upcoming ANH Vader with Tarkin. If you don't like the black tusk as seen in the photo I posted above, simply paint it with silver. But it was accurate.

Get the upcoming ANH Vader with Tarkin. If you don't like the black tusk as seen in the photo I posted above, simply paint it with silver. But it was accurate.

A stupid question - the black tusk are you referring to the right tip which is not sliver?

RO Darth Vader price is madness now in my country. Is it worth buying? The sliver tip issues also applies to this version?

It’s a great figure for sure, but like JKNO said you might wanna get the Tarkin & Vader set. Prices aren’t inflated as it’s still on PO. There’s also the ESB coming later this year. And yeah the two tusk tips are painted the same on the RO Vader figure. Right side is black, and left is silver. [emoji106]

Back