1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C5.jpg

C8.jpg

Seems like a few folks have gotten the saber clip moved on the belt. Is it easy to detach and reattach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a few folks have gotten the saber clip moved on the belt. Is it easy to detach and reattach?

No. I wouldn't remove the clip. I detached the buckle and moved it so the clip would be in a better position.

For mods I did this:

1 Lower dome
2 eyelids painted black
3 chest armour repaint
4 weathering on belt and chest box
5 removed apart of ribs from body so I could get arms to sit closer
6 saber hook moved closer to the front of belt

7 I forgot the rivets in his leather straps that hold his chest up

I like the eye mod but it looks like his helmet is a little too low.

Yes, it was sitting too low. I have the dome set to where I can adjust it if need be. It is not permanently attached, it sits in putty.

2016-02-18 14.17.26.jpg

Here is a picture in opposite light to show how the lenses look. Very good in my opinion, not too much amber.

Thanks again Matrix. :)

Matt, sorry about your injury. I was using an exacto knife myself when I took the helmet apart. You have to put quite a bit of downward force with the knife to get the helmet to open. I could see how this could happen. I've cut my hand before doing this sort of thing, so I was very cautious this time. I'm glad it wasn't too serious. Still sucks though.

sorry if its been asked... i see people talking about moving the saber hook more forward... which mine is way too far back. what all is involved? it is glued in place is seems and the 2 metal dots above it as well.

I wish I could post an image without having to comment on it...

Attachments

• IMG_4197.JPG
    IMG_4197.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 210
Has anyone tried putting the DX07 exclusive head on this, just to see how it looks? (obviously I know it won't stay on without help).

Has anyone tried putting the DX07 exclusive head on this, just to see how it looks? (obviously I know it won't stay on without help).

If I remember correctly, there are some comparison pictures somewhere that showed the Dx head being a lot smaller than the new Vader helmet.

Back