1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Darth Vader Sixth Scale Figure

Already looks better than Sideshow's.

Well, I have both Sideshow Vaders and the Sideshow Obi Wan (which is still one of my favorites). I see no reason not to own all of them. Hot Toys versions will also be purchases as soon as PO goes up.

There's a big list of people who said a) Hot Toys Vader would be years off due to SS's Vader & b) they're very happy with their SS Vader. I imagine they will the first to PO this. :lol
Er, I was one of those saying Vader (ESB) would be years off and it will be. I had to argue and argue w/you guys that HT would obviously choose ANH first and sure enough, they did. Admit defeat, greygoose!

:cuss

And yes, of course I'll be ordering. Why wouldn't I, since it's a totally different iteration of Vader. :wink1:

It's going to be an epic set. Hope this goes up for pre-order pronto like Han and Chewie did after their teaser. Have wanted a high quality Old Ben for years and recently I've really come to like Vader's ANH look. Used to always prefer ESB/ROTJ, but ANH holds its own for me, now.

F1NbR7E.jpg

I'm digging the cape as well.

I came so close to buying the most recent Sideshow release on many occasions. Glad I waited, ideally I would prefer his look from The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi but I'll take this.

Er, I was one of those saying Vader (ESB) would be years off and it will be. I had to argue and argue w/you guys that HT would obviously choose ANH first and sure enough, they did. Admit defeat, greygoose!

:cuss

Yeah you said that but there were some who said HT's wouldn't release any Vader so close to SS. :wave ;)

careful.........:wink1:

Dave I love you man......hey, gotta give the big man a hard time once in a while........off to church

I just had an evil thought, and die hard HT fans that have been in the game lemme know: 2 pack version old ben eyes closed; single pack they are open....please tell me HT has never gone to the Dark Side with stuff like that.....of course, a two headed option better be included but it just crossed my mind

And you know a SSC head honcho is telling himself, 'but ours is way, way taller!!!!!'

Yeah you said that but there were some who said HT's wouldn't release any Vader so close to SS. :wave ;)
I don't recall anyone saying HT wouldn't make an ANH Vader, but all that matters is that my predictive powers were proven correct./smug

I just had an evil thought, and die hard HT fans that have been in the game lemme know: 2 pack version old ben eyes closed; single pack they are open....please tell me HT has never gone to the Dark Side with stuff like that.....of course, a two headed option better be included but it just crossed my mind.
Nah, it wouldn't make sense to actually screw collectors in that way. I wouldn't worry about them doing that at all. Now 2 pack version having both headsculpts (w/eyes closed being the bonus) and single having the standard, neutral look is possible... but I don't think HT would make the exclusive for the pack that good. My bet would be both the pack and single will have both headsculpts.

Last edited:

Nah, it wouldn't make sense to actually screw collectors in that way. I wouldn't worry about them doing that at all. Now 2 pack version having both headsculpts (w/eyes closed being the bonus) and single having the standard, neutral look is possible... but I don't think HT would make the exclusive for the pack that good. My bet would be both the pack and single will have both headsculpts.

That would be fine by me....its kinda genius that they offer a two pack and single pack options; to me, they really are covering their bases..........anyone with deep pockets getting one of everything - crazy, but cool. I'll stick to two packs.....but damn, gonna run out of room sooner than later

Back