1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never understood how scalpers could make money on ebay...

Item original cost $200.00
5% tax $10.00

sell item on ebay for $300.00
ebay fee takes 10% = 30.00
ebay takes 10% Shipping as well....lets say 3$
Paypal fees $10.00

My math says you'd make under 50.00.
Is that worth all the screwing around?

I never understood how scalpers could make money on ebay...

Item original cost $200.00
5% tax $10.00

sell item on ebay for $300.00
ebay fee takes 10% = 30.00
ebay takes 10% Shipping as well....lets say 3$
Paypal fees $10.00

My math says you'd make under 50.00.
Is that worth all the screwing around?
I totally agree Ebay eats 10% profit off from your total item sold.

I paid £390 for the collectors set back in august.
There is no way I'd pay more than that,can't understand anyone else doing this.

What's the best brush to get to comb the wookiee?

I used one of these and it worked great. I used the flat side to smooth the hair out too.

87319dd76571478add05f6ba1453694c.jpg

20160106_091542.jpg

I've seen some people lighten Chewie's face with dry brushing either acrylic paint or pastels. But do I risk ruining one of my first two figures trying to tweak him? Any advice?

I think I waited too long to get Chewie for a decent price. I just wasn't sure on him. I still feel a little torn, tbh. But if this is the only one we're getting...

Oh well. I got Han.

I think I waited too long to get Chewie for a decent price. I just wasn't sure on him. I still feel a little torn, tbh. But if this is the only one we're getting...

Oh well. I got Han.
Han is nothing w/o Chewie and Chewie w/o han = don't get either :wink1:

I have checked out collectablekitbash,but can't seem to make a saving on any new preorders.
Even after shipping and tax.

Yes, a lot of things are still cheaper to order direct from Sideshow. At least when you factor in a $20 coupon and the reward points you'll earn.

Collectibles Direct are usually cheaper, especially when you have an account. (Shipping's included in the listed price too).

Saw the set for 800.00 on Amazon....

I guess my question is who would pay that knowing it we t for 390?

Someone will...so long as that occurs so will scalpers.....

Saw the set for 800.00 on Amazon....

I guess my question is who would pay that knowing it we t for 390?

Someone will...so long as that occurs so will scalpers.....

Just because it is listed for $800, doesn't mean it will sell for that much. Having said that, I have seen other items sell for double/triple the original price so wonders never cease...

What are the chances they'll do another Chewie? I mean, the demand is obviously there.. I've been scouring ebay for a seller I'm confident is reputable more so than cheap. I've found one that sells the set for $1150 AUD (~$800 USD) and I'm actually considering it. I got into this hobby a few months too late unfortunately.

Luckily for me I picked up the last retail priced Han and Chewie set over here. The store ended up taking down the rest of the stock and put them up on ebay, where they're selling for $300 more.

Luckily for me I picked up the last retail priced Han and Chewie set over here. The store ended up taking down the rest of the stock and put them up on ebay, where they're selling for $300 more.
Nice mate, you were lucky getting in at the last minute. I got mine at a comic shop in Brisbane for $600, so i jumped when i saw it, considering it was the same day Popcultcha jacked their prices up to $700 for the set.

Back