1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations for the conversion, pjam! By the way, when did you place your order? Mine was placed on dec 14th. Not sure if it's gonna happen for me. :/

Someone post Chewbacca riding a Taun Taun

Or Dewback! :lecture

Or Ned Beatty.

Or Betty Page.

...or Leia, hence the 30-year feud between Han and Chewy!

Sorry for the crud pic quality. This seems pertinent:
Chewie Rider.jpg

We do this to ourselves.....paying Ebay scalper double the price after a 6 month release is crazy and only drives prices higher and makes then buy more...same thing happening for Legos.
Jurassic Park indominous break out retail 129.99....eBay over 200.00, seen ad high as 500.00.

Have to say, I'm damn impressed by old Chewie here. Just opened him and straight from the box I think he's pretty much perfect! Hot Toys has achieved what I thought was impossible :D

image.jpg

We do this to ourselves.....paying Ebay scalper double the price after a 6 month release is crazy and only drives prices higher and makes then buy more...same thing happening for Legos.
Jurassic Park indominous break out retail 129.99....eBay over 200.00, seen ad high as 500.00.

This is comparing apples to oranges. Legos are mass market and they will continue to pump out Indominous for the next year.

Chewbacca is a limited, high-end collectible that many people waited on to see if he came out well or not before buying.
Now that he has been released and sold out everywhere, after market prices are rising quickly. Word is that Hot Toys has
no plans to do another Chewy any time soon (if at all)… so this is where we are.

There is no "supply" for scalpers to buy up at this point. They are all gone, except any wait list extras Sideshow ends up with.

I don't see any drop in price for Chewbacca, now or later.

Back