1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice mate, you were lucky getting in at the last minute. I got mine at a comic shop in Brisbane for $600, so i jumped when i saw it, considering it was the same day Popcultcha jacked their prices up to $700 for the set.
Oh that's a great price :) I really couldn't afford to pick up the set prior to Christmas, so missed out on the singles when they were 20% off at PC. I certainly wouldn't be able to get one now with the prices over AUD$900.

I got my set for $590 locally.
Hot toys need to make a TFA 2PK....and I think we would get that before Drax ;)

Please don't.....feed the scalpers..... Patience my young Padawan. Keep hunting beats and you will find him.....soon you will be with him.....

In all seriousness . I hunted a Jack Sparrow and DX joker for a long time, finally got them for very close to retail....and much cheaper than normal.
I do not think any figure will really hold it price that high forever. Well maybe Davey Jones and Godfather....

The search is half the fun!!!!

Oh that's a great price :) I really couldn't afford to pick up the set prior to Christmas, so missed out on the singles when they were 20% off at PC. I certainly wouldn't be able to get one now with the prices over AUD$900.

Credit Card. I bought my Han and Chewy during the PC sale and paid them off this week. Not even enough time to charge me interest.

Chewy is such a great figure...

image.jpg

Now I'm starting to understand why Michelangelo hits in the knee his Mosè! :slap

Attachments

• 090120162372_1.jpg
    090120162372_1.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 285
  • 100120162377_2.jpg
    100120162377_2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 280
So glad I jumped on Chewie and Han singles just before Christmas. They were just about reasonable then, the prices are crazy now. Still, I find it hard to believe that the R&D which went into Chewie won't be used again for versions from later movies.

So glad I jumped on Chewie and Han singles just before Christmas. They were just about reasonable then, the prices are crazy now. Still, I find it hard to believe that the R&D which went into Chewie won't be used again for versions from later movies.

Unfortunately I missed out on Han; after getting Vader, Obi-Wan, and Luke, one after the other, I had to make a judgement call and Chewie won. I'm thinking they'll make another version of Han before they do another Chewie. I may bight the bullet and spring for Han at a later date, it depends on the price at the time.

I was utterly and COMPLETELY wrong judging this figure by the pics. Couldn't believe the positive opinions. In the end, the evidence seemed conclusive. Found a great price, pulled the trigger and have it in-hand now. All I can say is no pictures do it justice at all. I am thankful for the opinions that changed my mind. This figure is amazing. Can't stop staring at it. I was way off-base and not too proud to admit it.

Luckily for me I picked up the last retail priced Han and Chewie set over here. The store ended up taking down the rest of the stock and put them up on ebay, where they're selling for $300 more.

I'm thinking that's the norm now in this country

Got my for $650 which I ordered just before Xmas. Paid last week and got today

I'm a fairly happy camper especially when I look on eBay and watch this set going for $960 final bid!

Fur looks awesome here! Any mods to it?

Why mod something that looks awesome?

I've only used his comb and warm water, and... yes why mod someting that looks awesome, you are right!

I was utterly and COMPLETELY wrong judging this figure by the pics. Couldn't believe the positive opinions. In the end, the evidence seemed conclusive. Found a great price, pulled the trigger and have it in-hand now. All I can say is no pictures do it justice at all. I am thankful for the opinions that changed my mind. This figure is amazing. Can't stop staring at it. I was way off-base and not too proud to admit it.

:goodpost:

I have a feeling I'll feel the same when I get this furball in my (latex gloved) hands tomorrow.

I love this figure! Like Obi Wan it's almost perfect right out of the box. You really need to futz with the hair to get it to look the best, but it's great!!! I did recolour the hair here and there as well as the mouth to make it more movie accurate, but with futzing you're 90% there.

IMG_8643.jpg
IMG_8647.jpg
IMG_8634.jpg
beforeafterchewie.jpg

Back