1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have a "how to " for achieving a good look with the fur please ?

There's no real set way to do it, but here are some tips that may help:
-Use the comb handle to gently pick at the fur to loosen the gel and separate the large clumps of fur.
-Once the fur is not so clumped, use the actual comb to gently brush the fur. Lift the fur away from the head as you brush it. You'll end up with the electrocuted look, but that's what you want.
-Once all the fur is separated/brushed, start using the comb and your fingers to style the fur. I started with the fur on his chin/mouth area. Have a cup of water or spritzer bottle handy so you can wet certain parts of the hair to help style it.
-Once the mouth/chin area was to my liking, move to his cheeks/eyes, and then finally his head (i.e. Work from bottom to top).
-Depending on what look you're going for, you can either slick his hair back for the ANH look, or bring certain strands down/forward for the ESB/ROTJ look.

So I've just been informed I'm not going to get my order of the two pack which I ordered in 2014. Apparently their supplier only fulfilled a third of the orders. To say I'm pissed off is an understatement, these were the first action figures I ever bought. Is there anywhere in the world still selling them?

I received Chewie and Han early this week and I just found the time yesterday and today to actually play around with them. I'll get the not so great out the way first as far as Chewie goes. The likeness is still lacking of course, and the hair on mine is way too dark on the face. I know I can fix the hair color with a little help from fellow boardies here. Now the good. This figure is loads of fun. Like someone said earlier that he's very expressive. Yeah, I'd agree with that. Put him in all the iconic and funny poses from the films and he screams Chewbacca. The articulation is great especially the ball joint at the neck which allows you to achieve the Chewie head tilt perfectly and with ease. The choice of hair and the application of it is outstanding. Something HT should be proud of. I didn't know how I felt about a real hair Chewie doll initially and I was a bit skeptical. The hair lays perfectly and does exactly what you want it to do. It's very easy to work with. One of my fears was this stuff was going to be coming off and getting everywhere. Nope. Even mildly pulling on it it stays in place. I have to give it to Hot Toys. They nailed it. Pictures coming later.
s

So I've just been informed I'm not going to get my order of the two pack which I ordered in 2014. Apparently their supplier only fulfilled a third of the orders. To say I'm pissed off is an understatement, these were the first action figures I ever bought. Is there anywhere in the world still selling them?

I believe Popcutcha has them back in stock but at their regular price.

My waitlist converted last night. Processing next week. There is hope for my former waitlist brethren.

Ive been wondering about the fur so the 2 packs have darker fur and the single has lighter fur ?

Ive been wondering about the fur so the 2 packs have darker fur and the single has lighter fur ?

I got one of the singles that was first available from Sideshow and it was pretty dark. Tough to say if they made them lighter as they went along or if it's just random.

Back