1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pic, para. :duff

Opinions sure seem to have swayed on old Chewy. I know we always have this cycle of initial complaints followed by glowing praise, but it seems more extreme than usual with Chewy.

Not for me it hasn't. While Chewie looks good in para's, matrix's and Fiend's pics, I'm still not a fan of the eyes and the coloration of the fur on his face. I'll wait for another version.

I don't see any logical reason why HT would create a 2.0 version of Chewie. The only one I can see them making is a TFA version as he looks markedly different. The OT Chewie looks too similar in all 3 movies to justify production for a second version...

I don't see any logical reason why HT would create a 2.0 version of Chewie. The only one I can see them making is a TFA version as he looks markedly different. The OT Chewie looks too similar in all 3 movies to justify production for a second version...

I agree. It'e not like he ever changes outfits. All he needs is a simple prop and he is good to go. This guy is great and deserves no re-release.

Here is my Chewie trying on the Sideshow's air mask with filter. I love how you can see his mouth through the mask.

IMG_8742.jpg

IMG_8741.jpg

He'll probably get a rerelease anyway. An ESB Chewy with break apart C3PO makes a good combo pack.

Finally got mine today from PC. It took about 5-6 days to get to the US from AUS. The real wait begins now since the wife got the package and put it away until Christmas.

Finally got mine today from PC. It took about 5-6 days to get to the US from AUS. The real wait begins now since the wife got the package and put it away until Christmas.

Received mine today from Sideshow...well worth the wait. Pretty amazing bit of engineering / design in hand and I am not sure why it does not photograph nearly as good as it looks in person.

HT made 3 versions of mark III, and 4 versions of Bale Batman :lol

He'll probably get a rerelease anyway. An ESB Chewy with break apart C3PO makes a good combo pack.

I think this is pretty much a given at this point. They'd be a fool not to release this version

So I just opened chewie, and damn, it amazes me how they manage to pull off the fur so close to the actual thing. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get those dented head, face is a tad dark, but in hand he looks fine to be honest. I don't rule out any customization at this point, but I think this is figure of the year for me. Perfect execution, I think HT nailed it.

Just got this with the Solo in the double pack. Most I've spent on a figure (previous is play arts kai).

They both are pretty incredible, couldn't be happier

HT will make a TFA Chewie next- then in 2-3 years make a Chewie 2.0- but it's a long way off....

I don't think it'll be that soon though, as he's just a supporting character. Plus HT still have a few backlog of figures to do asides Star Wars to keep me busy, like the upcoming batman vs superman, avengers and iron mans.

Finally received the couple yesterday (yes, one of the perks of being a collector in Europe). Haven't had time yet to futz Chewie, but I couldn't resist taking a quick picture of my Star Wars collection so far:

23437780819_cf317d6128_b.jpg

My plan is still to stick to the main characters, so I'm just waiting for Leia to be released next year. I quite like the mix of companies (HT, SS, Tamashii, Medicom), old and new figures there; they seem to blend quite well :)

Finally received the couple yesterday (yes, one of the perks of being a collector in Europe). Haven't had time yet to futz Chewie, but I couldn't resist taking a quick picture of my Star Wars collection so far:

View attachment 229977

My plan is still to stick to the main characters, so I'm just waiting for Leia to be released next year. I quite like the mix of companies (HT, SS, Tamashii, Medicom), old and new figures there; they seem to blend quite well :)

Great line up! Love the SS Old Ben. Even my factory paint Ben holds up extremely well with my HT figures. I won’t be changing mine anytime soon.

Cheers!

View attachment 229977

Ben looks good there :rock

View attachment 229977

Looks great! Is that the stock body on the HT Luke? He does appear shorter then Han, as he should be. I've heard that the figures were the same height. What's true?

Back