1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay.

I'm not a huge fan of the character.

Imperials -- stormtroopers in particular -- are my jam.

This. Figure.

Screams Star Wars. So much fun in-hand. Must-have. Everybody go get one!

Really bad, poorly lit iPhone snap. Like two minutes of futzing.

e2bed52b9754b29a36b0eeb0107e1e1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So now I'll get Han. Holy crap, Hot Toys.

This is the figure I said I wouldn't pay ten bucks for after those horrible expo pics.

Eating my words. All of 'em. I paid 250USD -- worth every penny.

It really is an amazing figure. That HT was able to execute the fir as well as they did is impressive. It could have taken an left turn to turdsville quite easily. But if you comb your wookie:lol and get the smashed coat to lay it is scary how good he looks.

If I have one small nit, I think the eyes could have been a little bit bigger, with the fur combed it tends to hid his eyes a bit.

Poorly lit by a single overhead LED, Chewie's face in deep shadow -- his face is actually light enough I'm not tweaking the fur colour at all.

Snapped this for fun, because SEVENTIES -- ;)

1de6f83697996534c7e00afce21fe792.jpg

Quick impressions:

1. The fur is much softer than I expected in-hand. While I literally spent two minutes futzing and love it, of course it can look even better if you take your time. I found it easier to deal with the chin fur by removing the head.

2. Body is relatively light for the size, but still has a nice feel. Joints are tight.

3. After the chin, the eyes needed the most attention on mine. Gently pushing the fur around the sockets outward horizontally elongated the eye sockets.

4. There is obvious batch variation in fur; I bought this copy because I got to see it out of the box first; I've seen some darker Chewies.

5. Figure is very expressive.

6. I didn't use a pick or comb to adjust the fur, just some water on my fingertips.

Chewbacca joins the SSC Probe Droid and HT Sandtrooper for my Top Three Star Wars. Just for sheer balls-out innovation I'd have to give top spot to Chewbacca, even though I'm a bigger fan of the Sandtrooper character and design, the accomplishment Chewbacca represents is remarkable, in-hand.

I had serious doubts about this purchase but I'm a convert.

So now I'll get Han. Holy crap, Hot Toys.

This is the figure I said I wouldn't pay ten bucks for after those horrible expo pics.

Eating my words. All of 'em. I paid 250USD -- worth every penny.

:lol

Harsh. But glad you like him that much.

Now yes, go get Han and get in debt with the rest of us. :lol

Sometimes being dead wrong isn't a bad thing. ;)

If I could only have one to represent Star Wars it would have to be Chewie. I can't believe the turnaround I did on him either but the masterful futzers on this thread made me so curious I had to get one and see. Glad I did.

I can't wait to see more pics from you

Don't worry... you'll love the figure. [...]

You were right.

Don't be concerned about your girlfriend... If your lucky she might join in! ;)

Pervert!

Looks great man!

I think I've decided where my second Chewie is going. With my TFA display. :)

:duff The Fans Awaken, huh? Begun, the profiteering has. ;)

well congrats. I have two of these chewies.

How many you gonna army build?

If I could only have one to represent Star Wars it would have to be Chewie. I can't believe the turnaround I did on him either but the masterful futzers on this thread made me so curious I had to get one and see. Glad I did.

I can't wait to see more pics from you

I'll wait for daylight and time to shoot properly. As for only one? Brutal choice. He'd be in the running just for cool factor but I'm not sure I'd settle on him. Luckily I don't have to choose!

So, received my single pack Chewie from FPNYC - great packing job by them, and free shipping too. Awesome purchase.

Single pack definitely lighter fur on the head than the two pack version. Its not night and day, but its noticeable....

Back