1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. All Star Wars HT figures so far released are now sold out at Popcultcha (including Solo).

Enjoy your double-ups, folks. I'm so glad for you.

(Note: Popcultcha have a 20% off Star Wars sale today. Oh, the f###ing irony.)

Please tell me you've ordered a Chewie at this point.

Please tell me you've ordered a Chewie at this point.
You know he had already ordered one with the last sale and they told him they had run out of stock....now suddenly there's a bunch more up for sale! Pretty ****** on their part.

Actually, I'm from the remote ice world of Canada.

To the rest of the world you're just an American with an "aye" at the end of your sentence, Gretzky.:lol

It actually looks like Popcultcha has hidden Han from Australians. If you set your currency as USD, Han is available to purchase. Change it back to AUD he's not on the list. But you can manually search him.

Personally I haven't bought much from PC sales since they stopped allowing the discount on preorders (they did require you to pay in full at the time to get it). All the good stuff is usually picked clean before the sale starts these days. I also used to like being up at midnight when the new deal would tick over waiting to secure that great item. Unfortunately our dollar is unlikely to change so this is likely the new norm. Congrats to all who find something though.

Popcultcha hid Han from Australians? Don't they make the same amount from anyone?

If only Case Fresh could have lasted - there'd be more HT love to go around now.:dunno

Has HT said this because if the SW line is handled like Marvel they'll release a ESB, ROTJ and TFA Chewy with improvements with every release. I don't see this being the only Chewy released (and if Im wrong Im glad I got in on the PC sale).

they said it was the hardest figure they ever did I don't think they would try it again any time soon but we will see when time will tell

they said it was the hardest figure they ever did I don't think they would try it again any time soon but we will see when time will tell

Guess it depends on sell-through and profit margin. They've done it once, so they can do it again. The only production obstacle I can see is unique factory processes that may be impractical to repeat given the volume of present and upcoming production of other product.

IDK I was able to add Han and Chewy in my cart they dont seem to be sold out

Bbts sold out of the Han/chewie two pack and now there is 2 and 1 substandard chewie left. The prices are going to skyrocket on him now. If anyone wants a chewie they should take advantage of the PC sale pronto.

Edit:

Chewie is sold out at PC. Thanks for playing. He will probably be back in stock tomorrow.:lol

Holy hell did he sell out fast at BBTS. Had a feeling folks would buy up all the furballs after catching drift of the sideshow waitlists.

Holy hell did he sell out fast at BBTS. Had a feeling folks would buy up all the furballs after catching drift of the sideshow waitlists.

It is rather amazing, I did their "stock check" thing yesterday morning, and it indicated they had 10 in stock. I put it in my cart, and waffled all day, I decided to pull the trigger at night, and it was sold out. Methinks, the "stock check" trick that everyone uses is no longer accurate. I imagine more stock is coming later, aren't people still waiting on their shipment from SSC?

Was this in an interview? I'm interested in reading it if you know where I can find it.

Pretty sure that's what Budget Stark said the employee at Secret Base said, so that's a pretty huge grain of salt.

Chewie is a difficult figure to pull off, no doubt, but the fact that it was challenging to manufacture means they're not going to do it again? Please. This is the company that's on track to make all 43 different Iron Man armors.

Back