1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Any suggestions to address my over futzing [emoji53]. I think I have over combed the body and the hair is loosing that slightly curled effect. Is anyone aware of the appropriate styling product that would mimic the Ht effect out of box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good news! After months of bouncing I just recieved the despatch notice for my Han & Chewie 2 pack from Forbidden Planet! :yess:

Bad news! With this and the unexpected early despatch of Obi Wan Kenobi my wallet has been totally obliterated :gah:

[emoji38] Maybe. It will be interesting to see what these will look like when shipped. Mine too for that matter. I don't know which run my Chewy will come from. I also haven't been keeping close track of the differences between the first and second run of Chewy. Could you or someone give me quick run down of the differences that have been noted between first and second run of Chewy?

I don't think there's "runs" - I think it's just individual variance. My first one was from SSC, this second one will be from PC, but I believe they get their HT stuff through SSC.

*********!

I just pulled the trigger on Chewbacca.

I decided, better safe than sorry. He wasn't in the plan but I blame ALL OF YOU and your stellar futzing.

I feel the figure transcends "Star Wars" and exists in some weird pop-culture aether giving off a post-modern pastiche vibe.

(WHAT? I work in art & design! :rotfl )

Plus I saw a photo of the one I'm getting (it's been opened). If I'm right, the fur is a touch lighter on the copy I just snagged.

Probably one of the few figs where second hand is better as you can see what you're getting given the variance in factory sealed.

Probably one of the few figs where second hand is better as you can see what you're getting given the variance in factory sealed.

That's exactly what pushed me over. The face was definitely lighter near as I could tell, and the photo was almost certainly without enhancement or filters. We'll see how it turns out.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Any suggestions to address my over futzing [emoji53]. I think I have over combed the body and the hair is loosing that slightly curled effect. Is anyone aware of the appropriate styling product that would mimic the Ht effect out of box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Afro wax will do wonders.

*********!

I just pulled the trigger on Chewbacca.

I decided, better safe than sorry. He wasn't in the plan but I blame ALL OF YOU and your stellar futzing.

I feel the figure transcends "Star Wars" and exists in some weird pop-culture aether giving off a post-modern pastiche vibe.

(WHAT? I work in art & design! :rotfl )

Plus I saw a photo of the one I'm getting (it's been opened). If I'm right, the fur is a touch lighter on the copy I just snagged.

The more I sit with it, the more I think HT Chewy's my favorite SW figure ever. That probably played a role in me getting a second one.:lol

I've been waiting to pick this one up till next year because of Christmas coming soon, it isn't the best time to pick up now. It just really ****s me when local suppliers "sell out" and then suddenly it's back in stock for $100 more. At least Sideshow set a price and stick to it without trying to gouge buyers when a product sells well.

Popcultcha are notorious for such shafting of their customers. Yesterday's 20% off all items was just another in a long line of examples: 20% off the retail price. So, some HT figures went up in price! Example: the HT Mime Joker was priced at $249.99 on Thursday. On Friday, during the 20% off 'sale', it was $255.99 - 20% off its retail price of $319.99. They pull that stuff all the time.

What annoys me is that, due to the current weakness of the Australian dollar against the USD, HT stock that was acquired by Popcultcha principally for the Australian market is being picked up online by international buyers (i.e. in the US). So, the locals lose out again, and, as you noted Sidewinder, if HT Chewbaccas are restocked in future, Popcultcha slaps on another $20-30 to make us pay for the false scarcity they've helped promote.

Popcultcha are notorious for such shafting of their customers. Yesterday's 20% off all items was just another in a long line of examples: 20% off the retail price. So, some HT figures went up in price! Example: the HT Mime Joker was priced at $249.99 on Thursday. On Friday, during the 20% off 'sale', it was $255.99 - 20% off its retail price of $319.99. They pull that stuff all the time.

What annoys me is that, due to the current weakness of the Australian dollar against the USD, HT stock that was acquired by Popcultcha principally for the Australian market is being picked up online by international buyers (i.e. in the US). So, the locals lose out again, and, as you noted Sidewinder, if HT Chewbaccas are restocked in future, Popcultcha slaps on another $20-30 to make us pay for the false scarcity they've helped promote.
Yes, locals certainly lose out. No offense to the overseas buyers from here but it is annoying that we always pay more, even if our dollar was at par with the US we still have to pay the 10% GST and overseas buyers do not, so they will always be cheaper for internationals. PC have cheap international shipping rates whilst we always get ridiculous shipping when buying from overseas. We get restricted from buying certain figures from Sideshow because of quotas to our country, yet PC have no such restrictions for overseas buyers.

As long as SSC remain the official distributer for Australia and all local stock comes from them originally, then Sideshow won't care about their customers importing fom here. If HT sold directly to Australia, then SSC would definitely not allow imports into their market.

I actually think the forehead indent is easily fixable and is caused by the plastic tray indenting the fur on the forehead. Same concept as do-rags. Should be fixed by adding a little water to straighten out the wave/indent. Happened to my new Chewie, when I first received him, no indent, since I left him in the box, he has in indent.

Yes, locals certainly lose out. No offense to the overseas buyers from here but it is annoying that we always pay more...

Yeah, it sucks. The people who buy those Pop! Vinyl toys have complained about this on the Popcultcha FB page (particularly when 'convention exclusives' snagged by Popcultcha ostensibly for the Australian market get pounced upon by international buyers), but the HT Chewbacca going out of stock is the first time it's really affected me as an issue. I can see above that many non-Australian board members, noting the 20% sale, jumped in to pick up a Han/Chewie set (indeed, some doubling up on the figures given the pricing).

Not owning either, I ordered both - only to be informed subsequently that Chewbacca was out of stock and my order was therefore unsuccessful. So, I have a Han Solo figure, but with little or no chance of obtaining Chewbacca from Popcultcha in future (and, even if so, with an inflated price tag as noted above). Great. So, the only real option for me (given my budget) is to cancel the Han Solo order, redirect that paid amount to another Popcultcha item and forego the Chewie and Han figures. Of course, Ebay Australia has both figures available - for $700. Ebay Singapore, which can sometimes provide an option to Australian buyers given the relative parity of our currencies, has the set available, too - for $700 (plus at least $100-130 for shipping).

I can't necessarily blame people for exploiting currency differences and market protections that suit them, but it's really left a bad taste in my mouth. Knowing that overpricing smaller markets often subsidises cheaper pricing structures in the US, and then to have your local market picked clean of items during a rare 24 hour sale (that provides some relief from a persistently unfair international pricing differential), is...not cool. At all.

What was the Han/Chewie set going for with the 20% off? It's possible there'll be other HT discounts during PC's 12 days of Xmas.

Solo was $271 AUD (down from $340). Chewie was $304 AUD (down from $380). Prices are just insane now, which makes these Christmas promos crucial for local buyers.

Yes, in other years there's been a 'Star Wars' discounts day during their '12 Days of Xmas' specials. But no HT Chewbacca (or single Stormtroopers, for that matter) left in stock now...

Han and chewie set was $560 AUD, but sold out pretty quick cause it was gone before anything else.

I was annoyed Obi-Wan sold out before the sale, barely made it into stock and already sold out.

Yeah, it sucks. The people who buy those Pop! Vinyl toys have complained about this on the Popcultcha FB page (particularly when 'convention exclusives' snagged by Popcultcha ostensibly for the Australian market get pounced upon by international buyers), but the HT Chewbacca going out of stock is the first time it's really affected me as an issue. I can see above that many non-Australian board members, noting the 20% sale, jumped in to pick up a Han/Chewie set (indeed, some doubling up on the figures given the pricing).

Not owning either, I ordered both - only to be informed subsequently that Chewbacca was out of stock and my order was therefore unsuccessful. So, I have a Han Solo figure, but with little or no chance of obtaining Chewbacca from Popcultcha in future (and, even if so, with an inflated price tag as noted above). Great. So, the only real option for me (given my budget) is to cancel the Han Solo order, redirect that paid amount to another Popcultcha item and forego the Chewie and Han figures. Of course, Ebay Australia has both figures available - for $700. Ebay Singapore, which can sometimes provide an option to Australian buyers given the relative parity of our currencies, has the set available, too - for $700 (plus at least $100-130 for shipping).

I can't necessarily blame people for exploiting currency differences and market protections that suit them, but it's really left a bad taste in my mouth. Knowing that overpricing smaller markets often subsidises cheaper pricing structures in the US, and then to have your local market picked clean of items during a rare 24 hour sale (that provides some relief from a persistently unfair international pricing differential), is...not cool. At all.
PM sent [emoji4]

Han and chewie set was $560 AUD, but sold out pretty quick cause it was gone before anything else.

I was annoyed Obi-Wan sold out before the sale, barely made it into stock and already sold out.

Many thanks. :)

Indeed, taking a look at the Star Wars HT section at Popcultcha now, it appears that every figure except Solo is sold out - ANH Stormtroopers (single and twin), Kenobi, single Chewie and Solo/Chewie sets gone. Everything else is pre-order.

Back