1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fingers and toes crossed, I should have my locally bought Han and Chewie set tomorrow. Tonight is like my Christmas Eve, I can't sleep.

Wow, I've been sick for a week and only now found out Han & Chewie are sold out at SSC...I literally snoozed and lost.

Han and Chewie just arrived. :)

Don't know what the fuss was with the Han sculpt - it looks great. Also makes the Sideshow Hoth sculpt look huge!

His boots look like utter crap though. Shape and material aren't a patch on Dragon in Dreams' German officer boots. But you can reshape them using the wires running down the back of them.

Everything else looks good quality.

Lots of variation in the colours of Chewie's fur. Going to have to go now and groom my Wookiee.

Chewie is an incredible figure. :)

Everything I wanted him to be when those first unexpected prototype photos appeared here all that time ago.

Just did some light futzing with the comb, and a little water to loosen the hair under his chin. The fibres react just like the hair on the HT Planet of the Apes gorillas - they stay wherever you place them, which makes him easy to manage!

No hair loss either. :lol

The only issue I have is that taking quick snaps with the flash on draws attention to the artificiality of the fibres when you get close up. But it's not evident under normal lighting.

23077058489_4a737a07a1_z.jpg

23445012405_80a0a568d2_o.jpg

23149219390_ef4304b41f_o.jpg

22817880433_2f2e371f44_o.jpg

Cant beleive just arrived today when i came from work.
Ordered from italian store 3 months ago, and i didnt even was sure it will arrive ever.
Now I can join with my HS who is still in the box.

I saw it coming. For those who snoozed. I am sorry.

Yeah, that's how it goes cause it's really hard to tell which 1 will sell out first. I went on WL the day after it sold out on SS, but jumped quickly to BBTS to get 1 for sure. My chances are pretty good to get converted by SS, so if it happens I will have another I can sell to help out somebody here.

I know there a lot of criticism in regards to this figure but its strange that how the pictures just don't do it justice. Its a figure you have to see in person to appreciate. (unless your DaveJames)
On that note, all the pictures I see seem to embellish and exaggerate the tiny micro fuzz fibers in his face. In all actuality, the figure looks very sleek, uniform hair pattern, and handsomely constructed in real life.

yes...The face is a bit dark but this figure should be applauded for how nice it still looks.

Back