1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope when more reviews start popping up or if Paramore wanted to give us tutorial on hair styling, or tell us how you are futzing Chewy's hair. It would be good n helpfull 4 us all to see in next review's.

Wow, Paramore! Definitely looks like you managed to pull some hair down to reduce the muzzle being so accentuated. Great stuff, each pic better than the last. :yess:

Thanks guys. I slightly dampened my fingertips and gently rubbed up the areas I wanted to effect. Then I used the comb he comes with to brush the ares out and then stylised.

Thanks guys. I slightly dampened my fingertips and gently rubbed up the areas I wanted to effect. Then I used the comb he comes with to brush the ares out and then stylised.

Thank's Para on your tips n pic's :hi5: sounds pretty easy but we will all see when he arrive's. I know i'll be going back to movie's n your pic's 4 help on futzing him. Give para rep 4 all the sweet pic's

And after your work there wasn't any hair loss, right??? That's awesome if there isn't. I would expect some but if there isn't it's an even better job than I thought by Hot Toys....

Based on the amazing pics from paramoremcr88 and a few others, is it safe to assume that the only version of Chewie that can be successfully made to look good is TESB / RotJ?

That ANH Chewie with the hair combed back will not look good?

I will eventually pick up Chewie and Han but may have to display Chewie with a different figure (Empire or Return version).

Looking at the rate that pre-orders dried up in Europe a month or so ago I would say that either there is a big demand for these figures or there wasn't that many allocated for us to begin with. I was going to order the 2-pack even with the crappy looking Chewie just to be able to save a little since what is available at release would be much more costly. Unfortunately I missed the window by about two days waiting for the credit card roll over date, that unsolvable riddle of the ages. Anyway, it was available at a couple of places that I like to shop at one week and the next week the pre-order was full. And that was at the beginning of july.

Totally agree anwe. After Goldo38 posted his in hand pics last week(thank you), and in box shots I ordered both as a B-day present to myself :) Paramore & everyone else's since were icing on the cake, and have made me very glad that I did, as I was kinda still on the fence about my decision. Not anymore, seeing all of the recent pics, it is the best Chewie, and Han is damn close, regardless of issues, you can tell who it is. Thanks for everyone posting all the great pics! Can't wait!

I have to admit that he looks pretty damn good when styled. Still, with as dusty as my place gets, trying to maintain that hair would be a nightmare unless I put him in a completely covered display case

Back