1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do you know what they have stocked? Just curious

i placed my order with them, they were alot cheaper then Sideshow even with coupon and counting the rewards i would got on it

Current stock at BBTS

23 Chewy
18 Han
24+ 2-pack

seems like these are beginning to move now that pics and vids are coming out.

how do you know what they have stocked? Just curious

If you place an overly large number into the quantity in your cart and then update, it will be reduced to a maximum of 24 or the actual stock quantity - which may or may not be accurate, only BBTS know for sure. ;)

If you place an overly large number into the quantity in your cart and then update, it will be reduced to a maximum of 24 or the actual stock quantity - which may or may not be accurate, only BBTS know for sure. ;)

Aaaahhhh I see. I guess we learn something new every day.

paramoremcr88's photos are excellent. Can't wait to see pics from Rorywan as well.

Been looking at more photos and comparing them with movie stills. I'm gonna try giving top half of the head more definition (puff it up a bit but retaining the slicked back look), push back the mustache a tad on the sides... I have too much of a Fu Man Chu thing going on.

It's funny how the right pics can make or break sales of a figure. It's just a shame people can't see through the terrible pics to the great figure underneath.

78898be563ac287c7fd452fabac6bbf1465f00f6.jpg
ROTFL

Oh Pixel.....

giphy.gif

Facts

1. Hair color way to dark (how do you not notice this HT?)
2. Head sculpt muzzle too big.
3. Eye to close together and small.

Play with it all you want , till you grow hair on your own palms if you must, but out of the box this thing is a mess.

wookie_holiday_special.jpg

658046_my-christmas-luke-skywalker-itchy-r2-d2-star-wars-holiday-special-wookie-star-was.gif

On of my friends will be down in California at the end of November, I might have him pick up Chewie for me and drop him by a plastic surgeon for a few days.

Not possible to stack RP and another discount. Not sure what they could offer, but playing with shipping charges and extra reward points are sometimes the first things they do. Then built-in % discounts and then special codes. Hopefully HT makes a boat-load of these as high production leads to excess inventory and excess inventory leads to discounts. Discounts lead to savings and savings put a smile on my face. Someone should do a Yoda version of that, I have to run to breakfast. ;)

Looking at the rate that pre-orders dried up in Europe a month or so ago I would say that either there is a big demand for these figures or there wasn't that many allocated for us to begin with. I was going to order the 2-pack even with the crappy looking Chewie just to be able to save a little since what is available at release would be much more costly. Unfortunately I missed the window by about two days waiting for the credit card roll over date, that unsolvable riddle of the ages. Anyway, it was available at a couple of places that I like to shop at one week and the next week the pre-order was full. And that was at the beginning of july.

Out of the box mess? Hair color too dark?

Look at your gif of Chewie, hair color on the figure looks spot on to me.......
If you have any futzing abilities at all, several have shown that this figure can and does look outstanding.

How can "you" not see this?

I was all set to pass on Chewie, but after Para's photos I'm really reconsidering!

Dammit Para! Why'd you have to go and make Chewie look so good! :cuss

There were certainly some dark times, but I was in for the long haul regardless!

If Chewie ever does get discounted I'll be buying a second one.

I'm foreseeing one with Han, and one in between the regular and short trooper (or eventually between bareheaded Han and Luke troopers).

I can't decide how I'll display mine yet.

Should I go with Gary Coleman and Ron Jeremy...

chewie.gif

or his famous squirrel-back battle against Nazis...

chewbacca-vs-nazis-e1280264432544.png

Or my first inclination, a deleted scene from ANH.

3197801179_f36a081c9f_m.jpg

Back