1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0015.jpg~original

I have to admit that he looks pretty damn good when styled. Still, with as dusty as my place gets, trying to maintain that hair would be a nightmare unless I put him in a completely covered display case

yup, all the hairspray or w/e they used will be a magnet I would guess, so def in covered/or glass case for sure.

Someone also posted that it was cheaper to order via BBTS, than w/Sideshow even w/ coupon & reward points, can you please show the math, 'cause I priced it both ways when I ordered, and Sideshow came up the winner, and BBTS is $5 more for the same Han...so...:dunno

Bit more futzing around the muzzle

Thank you! These pics are fantastic. I pre-ordered the 2 pack last year and rode the roller coaster between the first promo pics in the cockpit, the con pics and now the released production pics. Chewie really looks amazing in these and it's a shame Hot Toys couldn't get him to look as good. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Adults brushing their dolls, a new low.

Jesus.

Hey, that's classy. Where are your photos?

The images some of these members are showing off look absolutely incredible! I hope the people who are actually sharing their talents aren't put off by those kinds of posts.

Thanks to everyone who's been sharing these last few days... Chewbacca looks like a fun figure.

I agree except that happens to be my favorite pic of that lady. Love her. Disney Really missed a chance to get her into the new trilogy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will someone PLEASE paint those god-awful lips!

If you look at Chewie's lips (OT) the skin color is very similar to his fur so it doesn't stick out like on the HT.

Here's a quick photoshop on one of Para's amazing photos.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Beats sitting in front of the TV in underwear watching NASCAR or a Football game. :) "Football" - fsking misnomer, thieving the name from a real sport. Sorry, rant over.

"It brushes the hair on the dolly and then it places the lotion in the basket."

Re: Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible...

Jesus.

What would you rather have?

A. A good looking Chewie

B. Horrible looking Chewie (straight out of the box look)

Nothing wrong with futzing your Chewie "doll." :lecture

Will someone PLEASE paint those god-awful lips!

If you look at Chewie's lips (OT) the skin color is very similar to his fur so it doesn't stick out like on the HT.

Here's a quick photoshop on one of Para's amazing photos.

I think hot toys got the color correct

vlcsnap-2014-09-14-13h44m47s35.jpg

Star-Wars.jpg

star-wars-chewbacca-make-up.jpg

chewbacca-petermayhew-jpg_003557.jpg

Well even in those pics you can see that the pink is much more subtle and toned down than the reddish-pink color HT used. And there should also be a bit more gradation in color as well, so they don't pop out at you so much.

You know it's still amazing to me how they got the mouth movements on that Chewie mask to look so believable and realistic. I'm not really sure how much of that was done by Mayhew himself and how much was controlled off camera, but it still holds up incredibly well.

image.jpg

image.jpg

How can anyone think the color of the face fur , especially aroun the eye is good? Its almost black on the figure and at best dark brown in the movie...more like light brown....

I know we love our Hobby but sometime bad is just bad...I am very glad i did not pre order!

Sorry if it hurt feeling but damn, this missed the mark .......

View attachment 204487 I'm sure his hair is getting lighter with combing it

xipotec....look at ALL previous posts already made....anyone that thinks that some pics look to dark, need to look at ALL the pics posted so far, as well as James the Cat saying it is lightening after combing out, which makes sense w/ all the spray they have on it. Sorry but I think the hair color is pretty damn close, esp. if you compare to the actual stills. I think anyone that is not buying will regret, and waiting is going to not work in your favor. Like it or not, it is the best Chewie to date.

Back