1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if it's giving HT a pass... More like working with what you're given. All these figures need some futzing out of the box.

IMHO the only Chewie figures that ever captured the essence of the character was the 1977 hard plastic Kenner figures (big and small)... But I'm old school! ;)

There have been lots of average-looking figures I've bought with the intention of improving, but this is one case were I just don't easily see how I'll be able to do that. And I don't think any amount of futzing is going to be enough to do the job either.

Chewie height reference vs. Luke

chewie-height-ref.jpg

I have a feeling this figure will be like SSC's ESB Boba Fett figure. Everyone crabbed about the chest armor, fit of the suit and the overall look... Until someone cracked the mystery of how to futz it to it's full potential.
Chewie's getting a pretty easy ride compared to Boba. That said, I'd have to disagree. I hated Boba then and I still hate that figure regardless of any mods anyone's done. It's just not as nice as the prototype they showed and suffers for it. WRT Chewie, it's a mixed bag but personally I'm glad they attempted it.

It will cost me over $700 Canadian for owning Chewbacca and BD Robocop. That’s serious money for two figures. The exchange rate is brutal!!

It will cost me over $700 Canadian for owning Chewbacca and BD Robocop. That’s serious money for two figures. The exchange rate is brutal!!

Wait for spook for Robocop? Don't know how popular that figure is. As far as Chewie, I imagine there will be some 20% off deals for Star Wars figures when the new film is released. Hopefully it's not just for more Battle Droids.

Is it just SW toys where every single detail is scrutinized?

d6398a9ecf0612bc7989ebc6f05dfed0990624fe39b34c2a1f707643e66b189c.jpg

But I bet most people will still end up doing this......

20482150722_d615f1429a.jpg
<<<<Hot Toys

I think Chewy looks pretty good and looking forward to him but Han is terrible. Kind of regret getting the 2-pack and not just Chewbacca.

:exactly::goodpost: It's always something, i have yet to pull a HT out of the box and be disappointed even after thinking about canceling from bad pics. This could be the 1st that lets me down but i'm going to risk it.

Well here's my opinion as someone who is not a HT fanboy and doesn't even really collect 1/6th scale figures (though pending the price of the falcon cockpit I will probably end up changing that cause I need it with my MR falcon :p I hope I can hide the joints on Han ><). I think it still looks really great, but yes it could be better. IF a new version of chewie is going to come out and will be better then sure I'd rather wait. But if this is it it's still pretty fantastic.

It is done.
Cancelled the two-pack.

I just couldn't justify paying almost 500 dollars for two figures that I'm really not sold 100% on.
Both look great, and with some futzing Chewie will certainly look pretty good, but add a so-so likeness for Solo, and I just can't stomach it.

I'll use the funds for Mouth of Sauron instead.

Looking forward to pics when more fellow freaks get them and start properly futzing them.
If they look much better, I might jump on a sale later on...

For a guy who’s in his early 40’s (me) and have had OT Star Wars been part of my whole life, Im not sure if that guy (me) can except a Force Awakens Chewbacca on my shelf.

yeah I cant wait for him. I think we all can do something with this figure if we study long and hard with it. I have another bandolier I might try on him. I have a custom pouch that looks more like it did in the movies. a fellow freak member made for me years ago and I don't know if he still on here anymore I haven`t seen him post anything in a long time. but let the fun begin when he ships

For a guy who’s in his early 40’s (me) and have had OT Star Wars been part of my whole life, Im not sure if that guy (me) can except a Force Awakens Chewbacca on my shelf.

I fully agree with you. I'm sure it sounds idiotically nostalgic, but for me the original OT trumps all other Star Wars-based media. Before all the books, video games, PT, TFA, etc., the most amazing thing about the OT for me was it was a catalyst for the imagination. Vader, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, Yoda were all so much cooler and more interesting before we knew anything about their back-story. On top of that, it was so much fun imagining what adventures could happen to Luke, Leia, and Han after the end of Return of the Jedi.

I'm keeping my pre-order. There is definitely an issue with the sculpting under the fur, but the latest pics look much better to me than the SDCC ones. Also, as others have pointed out, the distance between my collection shelves and my face when I'm sitting in my man-cave is several feet, so I think both Han and Chewie will look pretty good from my typical vantage point.
The futzing aspect of Chewie was always going to be a big part of it. He's covered in hair/fur. Even if the sculpt underneath was perfect, he'd still require a good amount of futzing right out of the box...

I fully agree with you. I'm sure it sounds idiotically nostalgic, but for me the original OT trumps all other Star Wars-based media. Before all the books, video games, PT, TFA, etc., the most amazing thing about the OT for me was it was a catalyst for the imagination. Vader, Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, Yoda were all so much cooler and more interesting before we knew anything about their back-story. On top of that, it was so much fun imagining what adventures could happen to Luke, Leia, and Han after the end of Return of the Jedi.

I'm keeping my pre-order. There is definitely an issue with the sculpting under the fur, but the latest pics look much better to me than the SDCC ones. Also, as others have pointed out, the distance between my collection shelves and my face when I'm sitting in my man-cave is several feet, so I think both Han and Chewie will look pretty good from my typical vantage point.
The futzing aspect of Chewie was always going to be a big part of it. He's covered in hair/fur. Even if the sculpt underneath was perfect, he'd still require a good amount of futzing right out of the box...

Great point! I think it was mentioned in budget stark's video that HT says this figure is not for everyone and will need a bit of futzing to get it the way you want it. To each his own. I like it and applaud HT for even trying to make a figure like this. They could've gone the easy route and make a sculpted 1/6 version.

Hear, hear.

I'm not falling into the PT collecting days. It was a waste of time and money.

Last edited:
Stop crying. If you do not like Chewbacca, then cancel the pre order, if you have not pre order, then do not buy it. Simple as twine in the pocket ;]

Back