1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The muzzle is what worries me. I'm hoping that it has a lot to do with poofy fur around that area. I'm hoping that it can be matted down. Oh well. Kudos to Ht for attempting this, i have a feeling in hand (like most of their figures) it will be much better. Also, I don't have a problem with Han at all. Han had that bored expression plenty of times in the movie and I feel the revisions actually helped the likeness, but to each his own I guess.

If the muzzle is still throwing people off. I would maybe put the gas mask from SS Bespin Han to cover that beak :lol

I also took a look at the the HT facebook pics and was laughing at the comments. The Chewie face looks off from lots of the photo angles. This is especially true when you compare with ANH pictures of him and Han. What happens next? Can the critiques "force" more delays and possible reworking? Or, is that not in the cards when dealing with HT?
I saw the pics and the bellyaching about both of them han and chewie. and I had to laugh :lol

I also took a look at the the HT facebook pics and was laughing at the comments. The Chewie face looks off from lots of the photo angles. This is especially true when you compare with ANH pictures of him and Han. What happens next? Can the critiques "force" more delays and possible reworking? Or, is that not in the cards when dealing with HT?

I think it`s a done deal. I said it many times in this thread that I might just use the custom Chewbacca sculpt that I made years ago on there release since the body on him looks great.

Can the critiques "force" more delays and possible reworking? Or, is that not in the cards when dealing with HT?

They've already unloaded dozens of cases of these figures at Secret Base in Hong Kong. The ship has sailed - under diesel power, but nonetheless...

It's surprising to me, but the flurry of attention this figure was getting yesterday has all but subsided on Facebook groups - usually a big release kicks around for a few days. OSR goes mental with Marvel.

Most recently there was a post by some cretin bad-mouthing Hot Toys about the release Chewie being nothing like the prototype - then posting a photo of each shot from completely different angles, under totally different lighting, the release one with a cell phone and futzed as bad as your worst nightmare. I think most reasonable people, whether you like the results or not, can concede that very little has changed from the prototype - the photography is the main thing, plus of course changes to the lips and teeth. The huge dog muzzle has always been there. So I said the same thing on Facebook and this guy calls me a Hot Toys fan boy and then blocks me so I can't reply to his post. To be fair he did say (in his public post to a group) that he didn't want to hear from anyone who didn't agree with him. :rotfl :slap

Maybe the underlying sculpt hasn't changed, but it does look to me like the way the hair was applied changed quite a bit (and not for the better). And I don't think it's just a matter of futzing either, or one of the photographers in those 60+ photos would have been able to tamp it down and get it looking more like the proto.

Back