1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've gotta ask - is this all for real?

I have the Han Solo on pre-order and there have been no changes to the images at SS. If this was for real, it would be enough for me to cancel my order.

It really is a terrible alternative.

sideshow doesnt update **** when they change the protos, so yeah the changes wont be reflected on their site. HT facebook announced the change and thats legit so yeah.

I think it's great. Super stylised still, but they managed to capture ANH Ford personality. He looks like he is acting and about to say something. This is going to look amazing with Luke Leia and a couple of troopers.

The new one is definitely a great improvement in likeness. I see Harrison Ford on it through and through.

If nothing else the new sculpt is divisive, personally I don't like the new one either first one was much better, so far Hot Toys are not doing great with any of the Star Wars sculpts they all look 'off', the wait goes on for an acceptable Han.

I'm sorry to be negative but HT is capable of doing a perfect han solo, it just seems like they are not trying hard enough. They keep improving one thing than messing up something else with the sculpt. It's like they make 1 step forward and 2 steps back :dunno

So much better. Far from perfect, but just so much better. Old one didn't look like Ford/Solo, no reason to do a lunch poll on this likeness. :clap

Sculpt looks like a step up from the prototype. Surprised to see that people think the proto is better. I have not once looked at that and believed that I was looking at Harrison's Han Solo. This one is definitely closer but it is still lacking in some areas but better than getting the prototype sculpt.

What's even more interesting about this whole thing is them actually showing the production sculpt off like this instead of just hiding it until it releases in HK. Wish they did that more often or show more BTS stuff.

18688395648_24504209d8_c.jpg

In this pic it's just the blank expression and wide mouth throwing it off for me. Plus the first being professional photos looks to have more skin tone and depth

Man, he looks goofier than before. I didn't like the prototype, but now looking at this final revision, it actually looked better expression wise (not likeness wise obviously). Actually between their Indy, the original Han prototype and now this final product, I don't even ****ing know anymore. :lol Forget it.

This "Han" looks like the guy that was under Hot Toys' DX 12 Batman cowl with the derpy, grinning face plates.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I for one like the new sculpt...the eyes are a tad puppy dog ( size wise) but I disagree with some that the mouth should be bigger, and despite the hair I think it's a fantastic likeness...
In fact when I first saw the pic, I thought it was a photoshop or even a custom by one of our own, thinking, why couldn't Hot Toys have done THIS?

But I'm thankful and actually very pleased to know this is the new improved Han, I just might buy another head to put on my Hot Toys Indy and find a way to replace the hair and add stubble.

Solo's got a new mug hub? I don't know anyone, man. So many of these damn Ford sculpt and talk of this and that is just....ugh. It doesn't strike me as immediately better. Maybe after a few beers. I just don't know anymore. [emoji38] I like the new SSC Indy sculpt more than either of these.

On another not when is that last time HT did something like this? Revising the sculpt and sharing pics far before ship? I can't remember it ever happening, but then again there are so many releases these days I don't keep up with any of them.

I think the outcry on the Han headsculpt was so loud, that they couldn't ignore not doing anything. And I think in order to salvage a lot of preorders or to get people to reorder they had to do exactly this. Put fears to rest. I honestly think it's a huge upgrade in the likeness department. I think if they went for a more expressive sculpt, they probably would have lost Ford in the process. He is that tricky to capture.

Back