1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of the SSC Han Solo sculpt . I think I liked the more determined look of the first sculpt better . It would have made for better action poses . This sculpt is good for blank standing poses and that sucks . I'll need to see more .

attachment.php

While this sculpt has a much closer likeness to Ford, the first sculpt was more 'in character', it had the attitude we expect. The new sculpt is way too relaxed. Look at the eyebrows. The proto sculpt is attacking, this new sculpt seems like hes thinking "Oh my muffins are done!" Also he looks a lot younger

attachment.php

And this shot looks like his drivers license :slap

I like the revision. Plus, I think it's accurate to the film. I always thought Ford looked weird in Star Wars versus other films anyway, maybe that's just me. :dunno

Where are all those guys who said it wouldn't be tweaked?

Hey, look - this guys said it two weeks ago...

Also, a sculpt tweak like Ben (done before PO, I know) could happen.

:lol:yess:

Sculpt looks like a step up from the prototype. Surprised to see that people think the proto is better. I have not once looked at that and believed that I was looking at Harrison's Han Solo. This one is definitely closer but it is still lacking in some areas but better than getting the prototype sculpt.

What's even more interesting about this whole thing is them actually showing the production sculpt off like this instead of just hiding it until it releases in HK. Wish they did that more often or show more BTS stuff.

18688395648_24504209d8_c.jpg

Maybe the lighting on the new sculpt is too soft/diffuse/bright? Maybe harder lighting would bring out some more expression?

I think the new sculpt is much closer in likeness, except for the chin/jawline and possibly the lips. But it's certainly more easily recognizable as Han than the original. It's still not perfect, though, which is a damn shame.

I think the sad eyebrows actually help with the likeness. I see it as a trademark Ford-ism. Besides, it could also be the photography that's making them seem more angled than they really are--there's a lot of lens distortion going on in those shots. I'm kinda hoping the large chin look is at least partially because of this and it will look better in hand.

Anyway, the upgrade in sculpt makes me feel better about ordering the figure, which I had been holding off on.

While this sculpt has a much closer likeness to Ford, the first sculpt was more 'in character', it had the attitude we expect. The new sculpt is way too relaxed. Look at the eyebrows. The proto sculpt is attacking, this new sculpt seems like hes thinking "Oh my muffins are done!" Also he looks a lot younger
Haha! Wish I could give rep. "Luke, we're gonna have company!"
I think the sad eyebrows actually help with the likeness. I see it as a trademark Ford-ism. Besides, it could also be the photography that's making them seem more angled than they really are--there's a lot of lens distortion going on in those shots. I'm kinda hoping the large chin look is at least partially because of this and it will look better in hand.
Hope so too. Or maybe SS asked HT to make a chin that would help their 3PO look normal.

Surprised they resculpted the hair, at least the left side--maybe that's where I'm getting an Empire feeling. I do agree it looks like he's sucking on a Halls cough drop, but hopefully that's not the vibe in person.

I ranted about the LAME expression as well. Not the heroic Han I wanted.

To me, he looks like he's about to pick his nose...

New sculpt looks way better but its still not Ford, Geez that guy seems so hard to get right for sculptors. Need to bring Michelangelo or Da Vinci back from the dead to get this right.

Looks OK. I do think it's an improvement, but it's still not quite there. The expression is a bit odd. The contented, serene look would seem better suited to a ROTJ-era Han than an Episode IV Han, when he was more edgy. He could even look relaxed and smarmy, but I don't see that in this sculpt. This one reminds me a bit of Billy Bob on Sling Blade:

QvIBBdi.jpg

Mmmm, I sure could use a biscuit with some mustard, hmmm.

Based on these new photos I went ahead and ordered the 2 pack. I can't wait for a 1/6 Han anymore. While not perfect, its just going to have to do.

Based on these new photos I went ahead and ordered the 2 pack. I can't wait for a 1/6 Han anymore. While not perfect, its just going to have to do.

That is exactly what they are counting on, and why there won't be any more changes, and why we continue to get mediocre product from them because people like you just accept paying out the nose for a mediocre product that's just "close enough."

Back