1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone who is 30+, lives in the parents basement, and has a good job is using his hobbies (pot and 1:6 figures :lol) to fill a hole in his life. Kinda sad, imo.

This. I didn't collect these when I was in college and its a good thing. I was broke as **** to begin with. As long as I was in school, my parents let me live there rent free. But I still had to work full time to help pay for food and what not. I can't imagine doing that again but also racking up insane credit card debt to buy toys. :cuckoo:

I had the exact same experience! Though I began by collecting McFarlane figures. And inch my way up after I got myself a job. 1/6 is where I draw the line though.

Someone who is 30+, lives in the parents basement, and has a good job is using his hobbies (pot and 1:6 figures :lol) to fill a hole in his life. Kinda sad, imo.

Apart from the basement thing, I believe that is the life most people who were born in the eighties are living right now. So it's not sad, it's just how things are.

Everyone has a void they're trying to fill.

May not be having help or living in a basement, but I'm guilty of filling it with $250+ dollies that I don't need.

Its so funny because the other day I was telling friends that we buy what we couldn't as kids when we're adults because we can. I'm 31 born 1983. Smoke weed all day long. Have a house a car and an married. I have a job where I make anywhere from $50-70k a year and I'm great at what I do. Not everyone lives at home with their parents and collects. That just shows you haven't really grown up if that's the case.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Think of all the collecting you could do if you made over 6-figures a year
I have been Lol if I made over 6 figures I'd fully renovated my basement to be geared toward my collecting. It make it look like a ****ing museum. Have like places in the wall to showcase the statues and have them lit from inside and have glass covering the front. I'd have one entire L-section of the wall as a glass display cabinet lit and with moving pedestals and all that junk Lol and I'd sit there smoking my vapo while my wife smoked bong hits and watched movies on the weekends

Its so funny because the other day I was telling friends that we buy what we couldn't as kids when we're adults because we can. I'm 31 born 1983. Smoke weed all day long. Have a house a car and an married. I have a job where I make anywhere from $50-70k a year and I'm great at what I do. Not everyone lives at home with their parents and collects. That just shows you haven't really grown up if that's the case.

All that weed and dolly fumes have made you think that you're making $50K a year with a car, a house and a wife. It's all been a hallucination that your subconscious created for your persona.

In reality, you make about $3000 a year at a grocery store and live in your parents basement where you smoke weed all day next to your *insert 1/6 vehicle and 1/6 female doll here*.

Back