1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think anyone who says it looks nothing like Ford is confusing their unconscious desire to see a specific expression of Ford's Han Solo that sticks in their minds with a disparity of likeness. The Hot Toys sculpt looks great to me. If you showed me that one day and told me no other info about it with no other identifying markers and asked me "who is this?" I would say Harrison Ford.

I think anyone who says it looks nothing like Ford is confusing their unconscious desire to see a specific expression of Ford's Han Solo that sticks in their minds with a disparity of likeness. The Hot Toys sculpt looks great to me. If you showed me that one day and told me no other info about it with no other identifying markers and asked me "who is this?" I would say Harrison Ford.

Umm... Actually, no. If it was a headsculpt on a stick, most here would have different answers as to whose likeness the headsculpt has. Especially if it hadn't been shown as a full figure beforehand.

Umm... Actually, no. If it was a headsculpt on a stick, most here would have different answers as to whose likeness the headsculpt has. Especially if it hadn't been shown as a full figure beforehand.

The cynicism is strong in this one.

Han at the China International Comic Festival. Pic's not great, but it's the latest one we have.

hanchina.jpg

There is more truth to that than most here care to admit I think. I did a poll in the thread that got moved to the sandbox. I was intended as a joke but I have showed the same pictures to 10-15 people now and none of them have correctly identified Han Solo or Harrison Ford in the pictures.

There is more truth to that than most here care to admit I think. I did a poll in the thread that got moved to the sandbox. I was intended as a joke but I have showed the same pictures to 10-15 people now and none of them have correctly identified Han Solo or Harrison Ford in the pictures.

And why should they admit it? The picture, the brand, the name, the fame, all that has gotten into them. Objectivity gets thrown out of the window once you mention "Star Wars" to some of this lot.

I'm all worked up over this because people WILL change their tune once a better version pops out. I just wish they would just admit it from day one, be objective and start being critical for the common good instead of being a happy camper or fundamentalist or just simply fanatical over such trivial matter. People are spending money on this, money that for some don't come easy. So let's have some sense and ask for the best that our money can buy!

Call me a hypocrit but I'm sick and tired of reading posts from people praising how good the sculpt is when it is actually ****! Star Lord had the same issue. People said the initial prototype was good enough but when the better sculpt got shown they just simply whinge and moan like toddlers. Why? Because they feel entitled to have ****** product? Nooo.... Because they don't have the sense to admit that they were wrong.

And why should they admit it? The picture, the brand, the name, the fame, all that has gotten into them. Objectivity gets thrown out of the window once you mention "Star Wars" to some of this lot.

I'm all worked up over this because people WILL change their tune once a better version pops out. I just wish they would just admit it from day one, be objective and start being critical for the common good instead of being a happy camper or fundamentalist or just simply fanatical over such trivial matter. People are spending money on this, money that for some don't come easy. So let's have some sense and ask for the best that our money can buy!

Call me a hypocrit but I'm sick and tired of reading posts from people praising how good the sculpt is when it is actually ****! Star Lord had the same issue. People said the initial prototype was good enough but when the better sculpt got shown they just simply whinge and moan like toddlers. Why? Because they feel entitled to have ****** product? Nooo.... Because they don't have the sense to admit that they were wrong.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank You Sir!!!! :clap :clap :clap
I am trying my hardest man, but no one wants a cold slap of reality. I'm actually thinking of stopping cause I don't want any heat from this board, but you got to have a difference in opinion guys, it only will make the end product better!

EDIT: just a reminder:image.jpg :rotfl :rotfl :slap

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Thank You Sir!!!! :clap :clap :clap
I am trying my hardest man, but no one wants a cold slap of reality. I'm actually thinking of stopping cause I don't want any heat from this board, but you got to have a difference in opinion guys, it only will make the end product better!

EDIT: just a reminder:View attachment 136987 :rotfl :rotfl :slap

You do realise that when a lot of people on this board look at that pic as 'a reminder', what they're reminded of is how all the bleating and moaning in the world didn't do squat for getting that sculpt tweaked.

You do realise that when a lot of people on this board look at that pic as 'a reminder', what they're reminded of is how all the bleating and moaning in the world didn't do squat for getting that sculpt tweaked.

This is true but people still bought it, which sadly kinda proves what yonkykun was saying is true. Which maybe does need to change so that Hot Toys might get the message and step it up,but prob. wont happen cause too many people love star wars. I hope for a starlord but I wont keep my hopes up.

This is true but people still bought it, which sadly kinda proves what yonkykun was saying is true. Which maybe does need to change so that Hot Toys might get the message and step it up,but prob. wont happen cause too many people love star wars. I hope for a starlord but I wont keep my hopes up.

Yonkykun is raving like a mad man. Right up 'til Indy's release there were a stack of people, including me, who were convinced that the sculpt would be tweaked. We couldn't believe that so clearly awful a sculpt of such an iconic character would be green lighted for release. This sculpt is ok. I hope it's tweaked. But I'll be buying it regardless, because I gave all my f **ks in the DX05 thread.

Oh,

The head looks different in the first pic, but not quite so different in the others. If it's at shows like this then that usually means no tweaks.

If it's at shows like this then that usually means no tweaks.

That would be heartbreaking.

Those pics doesn't flatter the body and clothes below the problematic sculpt either. A certain ROTJ Luke gibbon-esque quality to the arms and hands there.

Last edited:
Back