1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of Indy's many conquests, circa 1926. Can I get a...?

flapper.jpg

Craig Bond is the wrong tone for Indy. No humor, no sense of fun. Indy needs adventure. Let's not "Nolan" everything.

Not a huge fan of humorless Nolan films (rich post 9-11 artifacts for a doctoral thesis) but I'd rather it go in that direction than TLC.

To see a slightly younger Indy in Craig mode would kick all sorts of *ss. Raiders has more in common with Craig/Bond than with TLC. He kills people without remorse, he gets drunk onscreen, he fights dirty, he sneers, he doesn't give a sh** about women. That's a 1920's/30's man.

Indy was inspired by Bond and yet you want Roger Moore, not Sean Connery? Moore's films ("Moonraker") had more humor, adventure and sense of fun...

I would argue that's where the KOTCS stemmed from. Not a truthful depiction of a man and and an era, but a desire to put onscreen "humor, adventure and sense of fun."

Indy was inspired by Bond and yet you want Roger Moore, not Sean Connery? Moore's films ("Moonraker") had more humor, adventure and sense of fun...

I would argue that's where the KOTCS stemmed from. Not a truthful depiction of a man and and an era, but a desire to put onscreen "humor, adventure and sense of fun."

What!? I really take great offense to be accused of wanting Roger Moore style Bond. How did you even get there from my comment? You've been in the Bond thread, you should know better.

Beyond that, Connery Bond's had a great sense of adventure, fun and humor. You can like 'humor' in your movies without being charged with "Moore stupidity". And 'Indy was inspired by Bond' is not a news flash; it's really old news. Besides, both have suffered the same fate; they got inanely silly.

I won't even waste my time responding further. See my avatar.

Last edited:
I saw on chewie's page people's meh feelings on this guy. If i didnt have a han im already happy with id get this one. but I do have some thoughts based on ep IV ANH and sculpt.

Personally i think the hair needs highlights maybe in burnt sienna and it appears the lower lip is too full or off i don't remember him having those lips and they dont reflect in pics. those seem to be the most characteristic changes that would make him closer. I know style of hair might not be messy like Harrison had it but there going for a stylized appearance.

Now these appear to be taken with-non florescent or yellow lights so there might be a warm brown tones but off hand id say not the last pic has too much fading but majority of small stills show him having this chocolate hair color. as you can see i think what is faulting Han is his bottom lip. If that was fixed it would make a huge difference.

902268-han-solo-and-chewbacca-010.jpg
HarrisonFordHanSolo_0.jpg
HanChillinAtChalmuns-ANH.jpg

Still OT sorry, but when they get to ANH Luke I hope they do a DX with most of his gear like Hasbro did (heck, throw in Rebel and Stormtrooper outfits too!)
70422fd5ca4b28f60f31fa5c664de449.jpg

I was so pumped when that set came out back in the day haha. I already had Luke in his Xwing Outfit so I never used it, but the other add ons were epic.

Not a huge fan of humorless Nolan films (rich post 9-11 artifacts for a doctoral thesis) but I'd rather it go in that direction than TLC.

To see a slightly younger Indy in Craig mode would kick all sorts of *ss. Raiders has more in common with Craig/Bond than with TLC. He kills people without remorse, he gets drunk onscreen, he fights dirty, he sneers, he doesn't give a sh** about women. That's a 1920's/30's man.

What!? I really take great offense to be accused of wanting Roger Moore style Bond. How did you even get there from my comment? You've been in the Bond thread, you should know better.

Beyond that, Connery Bond's had a great sense of adventure, fun and humor. You can like 'humor' in your movies without being charged with "Moore stupidity". And 'Indy was inspired by Bond' is not a news flash; it's really old news. Besides, both have suffered the same fate; they got inanely silly.

I won't even waste my time responding further. See my avatar.

:lol

I kinda have to side with TaliBane with this one! Don't take it so personal, Wor-Gar. No one is questioning your alliance to Dr. Jones. He simply said that he would prefer the possibly new Indy films to lean towards the more serious Nolan approach than to go in the TLC approach, if he was given the choice. That's something I can agree with 100%.

It's true the Connery films were often very silly (I would argue just as silly and preposterous as at least some of the Moore films), so maybe comparing between Connery and Moore Bonds was the wrong approach. But he was right in comparing Craig Bonds with Indy from Raiders, which had a deadly serious tone, especially compared to TLC and KOTCS (TOD is in between the two extremes). I feel that the Raiders Indy works infinitely better because of its more serious tone because it creates a much more perilous atmosphere where Indy faces real danger and not fun, lighthearted, overly choreographed, sometimes way underbaked action pieces.

Please, sit down before you fall down. Have a drink. You know, a drink. :duff

No one calls me a Moore fan in my own place.

RaidersLostArk9_002Pyxurz.jpg

My point was, humor and a light touch isn't immediately a bad thing. In fact, most of the movies we all cherish around here have a tongue-in-cheek sensibility. Nolan seriousness -- and I'm not picking on him but he is the perfect example of non-humor filmmaker, so is Ridley Scott -- gets tiresome and tedious, bleak. Good stories need the upswing a little joke and a comedic moment can give. We all know this so I'm not stating anything new. Just found it difficult to take that if you mention you don't want something that's supposed to be fun and adventuresome not to be too serious that I'm immediately thrown to the extreme that Roger Moore's Bonds represent. That's as bad one way as Nolan is the other. I don't want a Raiders comedy not do I want Dr. Jones, CSI.

Bringing this back on topic, maybe Han Solo is a good balanced example: he's the "hard-edged tough guy" (at least in the first two movies) but also amusing in the way he does it. Good comedy will always come out of the character, not the situation.

Last edited:
No one calls me a Moore fan in my own place.

RaidersLostArk9_002Pyxurz.jpg

My point was, humor and a light touch isn't immediately a bad thing. In fact, most of the movies we all cherish around here have a tongue-in-cheek sensibility. Nolan seriousness -- and I'm not picking on him but he is the perfect example of non-humor filmmaker, so is Ridley Scott -- gets tiresome and tedious, bleak. Good stories need the upswing a little joke and a comedic moment can give. We all know this so I'm not stating anything new. Just found it difficult to take that if you mention you don't want something that's supposed to be fun and adventuresome not to be too serious that I'm immediately thrown to the extreme that Roger Moore's Bonds represent. That's as bad one way as Nolan is the other. I don't want a Raiders comedy not do I want Dr. Jones, CSI.

Bringing this back on topic, maybe Han Solo is a good balanced example: he's the "hard-edged tough guy" (at least in the first two movies) but also amusing in the way he does it. Good comedy will always come out of the character, not the situation.

Exactly!

Indy's the man. Especially in his first outing. Ford gave us a hero that you really wanted to be like when you strutted out of the theater looking for adventure.

Not sure today's Marvel heroes have quite the same reaction. I mean, you could do the things Indy does. You can't really run like Captain America or fly like Iron Man (although I think the chic-geek swagger of Downey's Stark is what kids like to immitate when they exit the theater).

"Raiders" really is a perfect movie.

Back